17 reasons why 2017 in Dubai will be brilliant
Dubai doesn’t need to make New Year’s Resolutions – it’s a city that is continuously bettering itself. So, as you’d expect, there are plenty of cool projects being finished this year, as well as lots of events to put in your calendar. This is a snapshot of what you’ve got to look forward to…
1. The BBC Proms (which has been going for a staggering 122 years!) is coming to town in March.
2. We’ll finally find out why a tank drove through a wall in The Dubai Mall (although we’re pretty certain that we know it was a stunt for British TV show, The Grand Tour).
4. The US dollar is going to be strong throughout the year (the dirham is pegged to the dollar), so you’ll get great value for money when you travel.
5. FIFA Club World Cup is coming to the UAE (okay, it’s likely to be in Abu Dhabi rather than Dubai, but still…).
6. The much-anticipated opening of Bluewaters Island is on its way.
7. … which means that Madame Tussauds will open soon.
8. Apparently rents are going to fall this year in some areas.
9. Cats is cartwheeling its way to the Dubai Opera stage on January 16.
10. La Perle Aqua Theatre is set to open in the middle of this year at Al Habtoor City! Check out the pictures here.
11. Mariah Carey and her famous five-octave range are coming to Dubai Jazz Festival.
12. Soon you’ll be able to book RTA taxis through Careem.
13. Eat The World DXB is returning to Burj Park in February, bringing food trucks from all over the world.
14. Justin Bieber is coming to town in May – don’t act like you’re not excited.
15. The Dubai Frame is almost complete, so it looks like 2017 will be the year that it’s finished!
16. UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has declared 2017 as the "Year of Giving", so it’s time for us all to show how generous we are.
17. … and on that note, the UAE Food Bank has launched. Its goal for this year is to distribute food to those in need and eliminate waste. Massive thumbs up from us.
- 1 of 199