15 reasons why staying in Dubai all summer is brilliant
1. You feel absolutely zero guilt about being a social recluse
You don’t feel the need to make excuses for yourself in the WhatsApp group because you choose Netflix over a pool day.
2. All that time spent chilling means that you can save way more money than usual
Yeah, your friends might be having an amazing holiday in the Maldives, but saving an extra 10 percent of your salary this month is way more exciting… *weeps*
3. The time it takes to drive to work has been cut in half…
… which means an extra 15 minutes in bed every morning. Winning.
4. You can finally get out all of your “winter” clothes
You know, coz the air-con is on full blast.
5. The malls are FULL of sales
A brilliant time to spend all that money you saved. See number 2.
6. And the malls are extremely quiet
No more queueing for fitting rooms, spending hours finding a parking space or fighting over the last top in your size.
7. There’s a strong feeling of comradery with your workmates who are doing the same
“Oh you’re staying in Dubai all summer too? Yep, no holidays booked. No trips. Aaaaall summer. It’ll be me and you, buddy. ”
8. Even the poshest hotels in Dubai have unbelievable deals on
There is no cheaper time to book a staycation.
9. The charity initiatives during Ramadan (and beyond) will warm your heart…
… and give you a chance to give back to the community.
10. It’s the perfect time to be a “tourist” in the city you live in.
All of the attractions are much quieter, so there’s never been a better time to be a tourist in your own city… and they usually have summer deals on too.
11. You don’t need to worry about the airport crowds.
You’ve seen the news about record numbers of travellers. You’ve seen the pictures. You’ve heard about transfers and missed flights.
12. It’s the perfect time to get fit…
… because so many gyms and classes are offering free trials, so you can basically just go from one to the next.
13. The Ramadan tents are stunning.
Even Dubai Opera has an Iftar on.
14. It’s the perfect time of year to move…
… because hardly anyone else is, so you can usually get a better deal on your rent.
15. There’s no need to visit a sauna or steam room.
You can literally just sit on the balcony.