10 things you tell yourself every Thursday
Firstly, give yourself a pat on the back. You made it through another (what seemed like eternity) week. Now, you have two whole days to do what you want, when you want and how you want. And, so you decide to tell yourself these ten things (read; lies) every weekend but...the outcome, unfortunately, is almost always, quite the opposite.
1. "Must do a slow-mo walk to dramatize the moment you're leaving the office"
Nope. Usain Bolt sprint is more like it.
2. "Will clean up the bedroom and eventually the apartment"
Yeah, you'll wake up on Sunday morning drowning in that same pile of clothes yet again. You'll get to it next weekend, maybe.
3. "No brunch this weekend"
Right, we'll see you fighting your way through a buffet with your plate piled high.
4. "I will catch up on sleep"
Cute, but it's more like brunch-Netflix-work-repeat. By work we mean stress about everything that you have to do next week or everything that you should have done before Usain Bolting it out of the office at 6pm.
5. "I will spend time with loved ones"
That time is usually spent on self-love.
6. "I will definately go to the gym"
See point three
7. "I will take set a side the time to prep meals for the coming week"
*Acts like the house doesn’t include a kitchen*
8. "I will skip a night out and have a night in, instead"
Wakes up on Friday morning to an empty wallet and (multiple) credit card transaction notifications.
9. "I will plan outfits for the week ahead"
New week, same problem.
10. "I will not whine about the weekend being too short"
Lives the stages of grief at bedtime on Saturday: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance.
- 1 of 408