Actress Cate Blanchett to return to Dubai for DIFF
Actress and IWC Schaffhausen brand ambassador Cate Blanchett is all set to make her return to Dubai this December. The two-time Academy Award-winning actress will be on the jury for the annual IWC Filmmaker Award.
The award, which sees one lucky filmmaker walk away with US$100,000, will take place at the star-studded Dubai Film Festival (DIFF) Gala dinner on Thursday, December 7.
The cash prize goes to helping the winning filmmaker develop and present their film on the big screen.
Speaking on the exciting news, the chairman of DIFF Abdulhamid Juma, said: “Each year, the bar is set higher by the scripts we receive for the IWC Filmmaker Award and our expert jury members have tough decisions to make. We are privileged to welcome back an icon of the silver screen to Dubai to lend her insight to the distinguished jury and inspire new emerging talent from the region.”
Cate’s appearance will mark her third time attending the annual film festival that will take place from December 6 to December 13 this year.
For those of you that are new to town, here’s everything that you need to know about the Dubai Film Festival…
- This year marks the 14th annual DIFF event.
- It will take from December 6 to December 13.
- Samuel L. Jackson, Luke Hemsworth, Gerard Butler, Tom Cruise and Eva Longoria are just a few of the celebrities that have previously attended the star-studded event.
- While not everybody will be able attend the gala dinner, premieres and special Q&A sessions, DIFF festival goers will be able to see films screened across the city at the Madinat Jumeirah Arena, Madinat Theatre, Souk Madinat Jumeirah and VOX Cinemas, Mall of the Emirates and the popular and free-to-attend Beach Screenings – opposite JBR.
- Over 120 films (national and international) will be showcased this year.
- 1 of 179