World's longest zipline to launch night time rides
If you've got guests coming to visit this summer, you might want to take note of Ras Al Khaimah’s latest offering.
Just today, the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Authority announced that it will be operating its world renowned zipline at night.
That's right, you and your loved ones could be soaring down the world's largest zipline in utter darkness. Just kidding, we're sure that there will be some source of light during your 1,934 metre decline down Jebal Jais Mountain.
While the exact times have yet to be announced, we do know that the ride's night time session will kick off this summer.
If you're new to Dubai or have not yet heard of the magic that is the Ras Al Khaimah zipline, here's what you need to know...
- The zip line is over the length of 28 football (soccer, for all our American readers) fields and is located on top of the Jebal Jais Mountain in Ras Al Khaimah.
- The must-see attraction features two lines, allowing friends and family to experience the journey together.
- The decline is a staggering 1,934 metres. If you’re suddenly feeling lightheaded, don’t worry. There's two stops. The first will spans across a length of 1,600 metres while the second will tackle the last 300 metres to the ground.
- The zip line can accommodate 250 people a day and is currently operated by Toro Verde, the masterminds behind the Adventure Park in Puerto Rico.
- Tickets start at AED650, click here to book yours.
If transport is a bit of an issue, it's worth noting that the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Authority launched a number of feeder buses that will go from the Dubai Airport to the nature -filled Northern Emirate for just AED20.