VIDEO: 6 things we learnt at Dining at Festival Bay
To kick off the end of Dubai Food Week in style, ShortList and Dubai Festival City partnered up to give you some top tips on how to become a food blogger.
The event hosted at Festival Bay’s chic Italian eatery Fratelli La Bufala saw ShortList’s very own editor-in-chief Eddie Taylor host a panel discussion with Emirati celebrity chef Bader Najeeb, world-renowned tastemaker Zoe Bowker and ITP’s food photographer Aasiya Jagadeesh.
And, as you can imagine, the four passionately discussed everything food related.
Here’s 6 of the things we learnt at the Dining at Festival Bay event…
1. Fratelli La Bufala has some seriously good food – like seriously good. The pizzas which include their signature Margherita DOP and the moreish capricciosa are to die for! As is their mouthwatering chocolate tiramisu and refreshing caprese. Yum.
2. Light and Water shows are not just for kids. If you haven’t seen Dubai Festival City’s multi-sensory show IMAGINE, you should! It’s got fire, lasers, LED lights and the world’s largest water screen projection. Yep, it has its own place in the Guinness World Records.
3.You become a 50 Worlds Best Restaurant Tastemaker by having a passion for all things food and by having a loyal social media following. Thanks for clearing that up Zoe.
4. Chef Najeeb’s favourite dish is his mum’s carrot cake. He’s also a fan of cafeteria food. Yep, we’re not making it up, here’s what he said: “I haven’t eaten Michelin-starred food because Dubai doesn’t have any Michelin restaurants but I love cafeteria food. I had it for lunch yesterday, I recommend the Zinger burger [at KFC].”
5. The best way to take a photo with your phone aside from adjusting the composition, white balance and aperture is by carrying a torch. We’re not kidding, according to Aasiya Jagadeesh – they give out really good light and no one really notices the fact that you’ve brought a torch to a dinner party.
6. All three of them believe that the key features to becoming a successful food blogger are passion, patience, pace – you’re going to be eating a lot of food – and exercise.
For more information on the great dining at Dubai Festival City head to their website or follow them on social media @dubaifestivalcity.
- 1 of 190