Emirates to hire cabin crew
Calling all travel bugs, Emirates is now hiring. The award-winning airline has announced that there a number of vacancies in its cabin crew department, which is news that will surely be met lots of excitement.
The news was announced on the Dubai-based airline's Instagram page.
If the idea of travel isn’t enough, here’s a bit more information about the gig, to help you get a general idea of role in terms of salary, added benefits and expectations.
And while you’re waiting or should you need any more encouragement, here’s a little brief on just what to expect in terms of salary, training and added benefits.
- The total pay for cabin crew is made up of three different components. Monthly basic salary, hourly flight pay, and an overseas allowance. All entry level cabin crew (Grade II) are given a basic monthly salary of AED4,260. Flying pay is on an hourly basis, paid at a rate of AED58. While the average tax free monthly salary is AED9,500.
- Flying hours can vary but to give you a general idea, cabin crew on most airlines will fly at least 80 hours per month.
- Some of the perks include free accommodation (or a live out allowance), and meal/layover allowances. Discounted flights, hotels as well as a FACE Card with discounts all over Dubai exclusive to Emirates staff.
- After graduation members are given a roster which generally includes approximately eight days off per month.
- All new recruits go through a five-week training course at the purpose-built training centre at Emirates Aviation College. This is made up of practical and theoretical aspects of first aid, in-flight service and different aircraft.
If you’re thinking of going for the job, this is what Emirates look for: “Irrespective of nationality, we look for a positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, maturity, a friendly disposition, and importantly a genuine passion to help others and to provide quality service. As the job can be physically demanding, we also look for those with resilience and a determination to continually perform well.”
To apply, click here.
- 1 of 59