Parks, Beaches, and picnics could be a great way to enjoy weekends or holidays with friends or family it also provides a positive feeling overall. What if there is such a place where all of such fun activities and landscape comes together in one place?
The Al Mamzar Beach Park in Dubai is such a destination. Al Mamzar Beach Park is a public beach park located in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was established in 1993 and has since become one of the most popular beach destinations in Dubai, offering several recreational activities such as swimming, sunbathing, jet skiing, and more. The park also has several cafes, showers and changing rooms, and other facilities.
When is Al Mamzar Beach Park open?
It is one of the most popular beach parks in the Arabian Gulf, offering a wide range of attractions. It spans over 106 hectares of land and has more than six kilometers of pristine beaches, coastlines, and views. Al Mamzar Beach Park also features a wide range of facilities, such as one of the largest illuminated pools in the world, and shaded picnic areas. The opening time of Al Mamzar beach park is
- Sun-Wed 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thu – Sat 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
There are also many nearby restaurants and cafes available. Visiting parks and beaches can be an excellent way to relax and unwind. Here are some reasons why:
1. Fresh air: Being outdoors and in nature can be soothing for your health
2. Stress relief: Being in nature and surrounded by natural beauty can help reduce stress and anxiety. Studies have shown that spending time in nature can lower levels of the stress hormone called cortisol.
3. Exercise: Many parks and beaches offer opportunities for exercise, such as hiking, walking, swimming, or playing sports.
4. Connection with nature: Spending time in nature can help you feel more connected to the world around you.
5. Socialization: Parks and beaches are often social gathering places, where you can meet new people and make friends.
Visiting parks and beaches can be an excellent way to relax and recharge. It can help you improve your overall well-being. This article will give you a complete guide if you’re planning to visit Al Mamzar, Beach Park.
About Al Mamzar Beach Park
The popular recreational park in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is located in the Al Mamzar residential area, near the border with Sharjah, and covers an area of 106 hectares. It is one of the largest and oldest parks in Dubai. The park was officially opened in 1994, after several years of planning and construction. It was designed to provide a range of recreational facilities.
The park is also home to a variety of flora and fauna, including over 300 species of trees and plants, as well as migratory birds and other wildlife. The park’s landscape is predominantly sandy, with extensive beach areas. Over the years, Al Mamzar Beach Park has undergone several renovations and upgrades to keep up with the growing demand.
The park is known to host events and festivals throughout the year, including the Dubai Food Festival and the Dubai Fitness Challenge. Today, Al Mamzar Beach Park remains one of Dubai’s most popular recreational destinations, attracting millions of visitors each year. Its unique combination of natural beauty and modern amenities makes it a must-visit attraction
The park’s operating hours and entry fees are from Sunday to Wednesday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, the park is open from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. The entry fee for Al Mamzar Beach Park is AED 5 per person and for vehicles is AED 30 and 50 on weekends
Please note that fees may vary, so it’s always a good idea to check with the park’s website or contact them
Features and Facilities of Al Mamzar Beach Park
Al Mamzar Beach Park is a great destination for a fun-filled day out with family and friends. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach day, an active workout, or a fun-filled picnic, Al Mamzar Beach Park has something to offer everyone
- Picnic areas
- Walking and cycling tracks
- Sports facilities
- Mini-golf course
- Barbecue areas
- Food and drink
- Fitness equipment and classes
- Rental Services
The facilities and services offered by the park may change over time. It’s best to check the official website or contact the park for the latest information.
al mamzar beach park ticket price
The entry fee for Al Mamzar Beach Park is AED 5 per person. Those with special needs and children under the age of two are admitted free of charge.
Exploring Al Mamzar Beach Park
To explore the park without missing out here are some listed things to try and you can follow the guide
👉Beaches and Swimming areas
1. Main Beach: The main beach in Al Mamzar Beach Park is a long sandy beach that stretches along the entire length of the park. It has clear blue waters and offers a range of facilities including sun loungers, umbrellas, changing rooms, showers, and food and drink outlets.
2. Corniche Beach: Corniche Beach is a more secluded beach area perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
3. Saltwater Pool: The Saltwater Pool is a popular swimming area that is suitable for both adults and children. It is a large pool with shallow and deep ends.
4. Children’s Pool: The Children’s Pool in Al Mamzar Beach Park is a small, shallow pool that is perfect for young children. It has a soft, non-slip surface and is equipped with a range of safety features.
5. Flamingo Beach: Flamingo Beach is a small beach area that is situated on a. It offers stunning views of the Dubai skyline and is a popular spot for picnics and barbecues.
6. Amphitheatre Beach: Amphitheatre Beach is a small, secluded beach area that is situated near the park’s Amphitheatre. It offers a serene environment and is perfect for those looking for some quiet time.
Please note that some of these beaches and swimming areas may have specific opening times and may be closed on certain days, so it’s always best to check the park’s website or call ahead.
👉Picnic and Barbecue areas
Al Mamzar Beach Park has several designated picnic and barbecue areas where visitors can enjoy a meal with family and friends in a beautiful natural setting. Here are some of the picnic and barbecue areas in Al Mamzar Beach Park:
1. Picnic areas: The park has a total of 12 designated picnic areas that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Some of the popular picnic areas in the park include:
- Al Nasr picnic area: located near the park entrance, this picnic area is shaded by trees and has a view of the beach.
- Al Dhiyafa picnic area: located near the children’s play area, this picnic area has a small sandpit and is ideal for families with young children.
- Al Khaleej picnic area: located near the main beach, this picnic area offers a view of the beach and the park’s swimming pool.
2. Barbecue areas
- Al Mamzar barbecue area: located near the main beach, this barbecue area is ideal for large groups.
- Al Muteena barbecue area: located near the park entrance, this barbecue area can accommodate small to medium-sized groups.
Note that Visitors are not allowed to bring in alcoholic beverages, pork products, or glass containers. It is also important to keep the park clean and dispose of all trash properly to ensure the park remains an enjoyable space for everyone.
👉Pools and Playgrounds for Children
The park is a popular destination for families in Dubai, and it features several swimming areas and pools for children. Here are some of the options available:
- Beach swimming areas: Al Mamzar Beach Park has several designated swimming areas along its beaches that are suitable for children. These areas have shallow waters and are monitored by lifeguards.
- Main pool: The park has a large main pool that is suitable for children and adults. The pool has a shallow end for younger children and a deeper end for older children and adults.
- Children’s pool: There is a dedicated children’s pool in the park that is perfect for younger kids. The pool has a maximum depth of 0.6 meters and is surrounded by a fence for safety.
- Splash Park: The splash park has several water features and it is a great place for children to cool off on a hot day.
- Private cabanas: The park has private cabanas that come with its swimming pool.
Some of these areas may have restrictions or limitations due to COVID-19 or other circumstances, so it is important to check with the park authorities before visiting
👉Bike and Jogging tracks
The park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts to keep visitors entertained and has several biking and jogging tracks for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the bike and jogging tracks in the Park:
- Track 1 – This is a 3.5 km jogging and biking track that runs along the beach, starting from the park’s entrance and leading to the Amphitheatre.
- Track 2 – This is a 4 km jogging and biking track that runs around the park’s perimeter. It offers scenic views of the park’s gardens and lakes.
- Track 3 – This is a 2.5 km jogging and biking track that runs along the park’s northern section. It offers beautiful views of the beach and the Gulf.
- Track 4 – This is a 4 km jogging and biking track that runs along the park’s southern section. It also offers beautiful views.
All the tracks are well-maintained and offer a smooth surface for visitors. Also, there are several rest areas and drinking fountains along the tracks for visitors to take a break and hydrate.
👉Sports field and Courts
The park also offers a variety of sports fields and courts for sports lovers to enjoy. Here are some of the facilities available in the park:
- Football field: Al Mamzar Beach Park has a large football field with a natural grass surface.
- Basketball court: The park has a full-sized basketball court with a synthetic surface. It’s a great place to play a game
- Volleyball court: This is a popular spot for beach volleyball enthusiasts. It’s a great place to spend in the sand and soaking up the sun.
- Tennis court: The park also has a tennis court, which is available for hire for a game or to take a lesson from a professional coach.
- Skate Park: The Park has a skate park with a range of ramps and obstacles for skateboarders to enjoy.
- Cycling track: The park has a dedicated cycling track that winds its way through the park. Ideal for a leisurely ride or to train for a cycling event.
- Fitness equipment: There are also various fitness equipment available in the park, including outdoor gym equipment and running tracks
Tips for visiting Al Mamzar Beach Park
- Plan: Check the park timings, and entry fees, and plan your visit accordingly.
- Get there early: Al Mamzar Beach Park can get crowded during peak hours, especially on weekends and public holidays. To avoid crowds, try to visit early in the morning or on weekdays.
- Rent a bike or a pedal boat: Al Mamzar offers bike and pedal boat rentals, so you can explore the park and its surroundings at your own pace.
- Stay safe: Be sure to bring sunscreen, wear a hat, and stay hydrated. Also, follow the park’s rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
If you’re planning a trip here are some things you may want to bring with you:
- Sunscreen: The beach can be hot and sunny, so make sure to pack some sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Towels: You’ll need towels to dry off after swimming or lounging on the beach.
- Swimsuits: Don’t forget your swimsuits if you plan to take a dip in the water.
- Snacks and water: Bring plenty of snacks and water to stay hydrated and fuelled throughout the day.
- Beach chairs or mats: Bring some beach chairs or mats to relax on the sand.
- Hat and sunglasses: A hat and sunglasses can provide additional protection from the sun.
- Camera: Capture your memories with a camera or smartphone to snap some photos of the beautiful scenery.
Safety and etiquette while visiting the park:
1. Follow the rules: Avoid posted signs, do not litter, and do not engage in any dangerous or illegal activities.
2. Wear appropriate clothing: The park is a family-friendly environment so It’s recommended to wear comfortable, modest clothing
5. Respect others: Be mindful of others while you’re at the park. Avoid playing loud music or being disruptive to others around you.
6. Be mindful of cultural norms: Dubai is a multicultural city with people from all over the world, so be respectful of the local customs and traditions
7. Watch out for rip currents: If you’re swimming in the ocean, be aware of rip currents, which can be dangerous. Only swim in designated areas and follow the instructions of lifeguards.
By following these tips, you can have a safe and enjoyable time.
Other Nearby Attractions
- Dubai Creek: The park is located near Dubai Creek, which is a historic waterway that has played an important role in Dubai’s development. Visitors can take a boat tour to learn more about the area’s history
- Dubai Festival City Mall: The mall is located near the park and is a popular shopping destination.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: The dolphinarium is a short drive from the park and offers visitors the opportunity to watch dolphins perform various tricks and stunts.
Additional Tips for an enjoyable visit
The weather in Dubai can be quite hot during the summer months, with temperatures frequently exceeding 40°C (104°F). Therefore, the best time to visit Al Mamzar Beach Park is during the winter months from November to March. The average temperature during these months is around 25°C (77°F), making it an ideal time to visit the beach and enjoy outdoor activities.
Beach parks can be quite crowded and uncomfortable due to the heat. It’s recommended to visit in the early morning or late afternoon
Frequently Asked Questions
The entry fee is AED 5 per person and AED 30 per car.
Yes, you are allowed to bring your food and drinks to the park. There are also several food outlets and restaurants available
Yes, the beach at the park is safe, there are lifeguards on duty, and the water is regularly monitored for cleanliness and safety.
No, pets are not allowed in the park for hygiene and safety reasons.
Yes, there are several public transportation options available to reach the park, including buses and the Dubai Metro.