Remember that photo you got of your dog/cat/lizard doing that hilarious thing with your TV/computer/child? The one that got you all the likes on Facebook and rekindled several forgotten friendships with comments of “Lol!” and “OMG brilliant!”?
Well it’s got nothing on these. The shortlist for the makes your pitiful attempt at animal humour look like a child’s crayon scribble. As the competition’s title suggests, this is a contest that takes a lighter approach to the po-faced world of professional wildlife photography.
1. We’re not sure who has messed up more here…
2. “Why are fogs so happy?… Because they eat whatever bugs them!”
3. Running around like headless… penguins
4. Cancel out calories by working out while you eat
5. “Have I got something on my face?”
6. Pure joy.
7.When it’s just not your day.
8. “How many more hours must I pose for this oil painting, Master Ridgway?”
9. “You’ve embarrassed me in front of all of our friends. Again.”
11. “I’m going to give you five seconds to get out of my sight, Colin.”
12. “Ok, I know there’s a camera here but try to act natural…”
13. Take aim
[Adapted from ShortList UK]