12 posts that prove Sheikh Mohammed's Instagram is amazing
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the UAE, is very active on social media. Over the years he has amassed 2.1 million followers on Instagram and 3.1 million on Facebook – in fact, at the beginning of 2016 he was named the most “liked” GCC leader on Facebook.
“Home to a young, increasingly connected and mobile population, the MENA region is progressing into a dynamic and vibrant area. The UAE, in particular, is known for its open business environment, cosmopolitan nature and impressive adoption of smart devices, making it a model country of what is best about the region,” said Sunil John, Founder and CEO of ASDA’A Burson-Marsteller, who carried out the survey. “With the UAE government’s focus on the development of smart services, the leadership remains on the pulse of public consciousness- a value that is captured by the engaging, transparent and informative social media presence of HH Sheikh Mohammed.”
Here are some of his most engaging Instagram posts that prove why he is so popular online.
1. Celebrating the opening of Dubai Water Canal.
2. Sharing his love of the UAE with 22,000 students.
3. Seeing that a turtle makes it safely back to the water.
4. Sharing a heartwarming moment.
5. Announcing the Union Museum, telling the story of the UAE's founding fathers.
6. Celebrating the return of Solar Impule 2 after its 40,000 kilometre journey.
7. Showing his love for Yorkshire, UK.
8. Stating that the UAE shares more aid as a percent of its GDP than any other nation.
9. Explaining how he and his father dreamed of creating the world's tallest building after visiting the Empire State building in New York... and stating that "new heights are in our road ahead."
10. Sharing photos after he bumped into some families who were enjoying the desert with their children.
11. Sharing his passion for horses.
12. Enjoying the UAE's great outdoors.