13 signs you live in Dubai's JBR
1. “Yes, I live in JBR. Yes, the traffic can be quite bad.”
Repeat 15 times per day.
2. Even on the 14th floor you can hear horns beeping.
Note to drivers – it’s not going to make anyone move faster.
3. You don’t even bother trying to get a taxi at 4pm.
You’ve learned to make social arrangements around the taxi changeover time.
4. … but you can’t help chuckling to yourself when you see confused people trying to hail cabs.
Not gonna happen, buddy.
5. The traffic woes are all worth it because you get to live on the beach.
You basically have a world-class holiday resort as your garden.
6. Eggspectation is your weekend weakness.
Mmmmm Lobster Benny.
7. … and The Cheesecake Factory is the reason you can’t lose that extra five pounds.
Your feet just somehow take you there.
8. The Walk gives you that coastal town vibe.
And every time you leave your apartment you've got a spring in your step.
9. Having Boutique 1 round the corner terrible for your bank balance.
Must. Stop. Shopping.
10. Being able to walk to the cinema makes you feel pretty smug.
Especially when you see people queued up to park.
11. Visitors LOVE the location so much that they seem to be on constant rotation.
Your sofa has seen better days.
12. The bars at Double Tree by Hilton have been great for your social life.
All your mates are more than happy to meet at Ramusake, The Maine and The Copper Dog!
13. Your free time is always full.
Because there’s so much to do, right on your doorstep.