14 signs that you take Dubai’s public transport
1. You can say the doors are closing in Arabic.
Say it with us “Al abwab tughlaq”.
2. You can walk two kilometers without panting.
The walk from The Dubai Mall metro to the mall is just as good as any gym membership.
3. You have a whole folder on your phone dedicated to half of the Burj Khalifa.
We’ve all tried to capture that perfectly timed snap on the metro.
4. You have no issues when it comes to lack of personal space.
The struggle in the ladies only cabin is real…
5. You value your Nol card more than your credit card.
Without it, you'd be lost.
6. You always have a sweater in your bag.
The metro ride from BurJuman to The Dubai Mall is like visiting the North Pole.
7. You have the patience of a Jedi knight.
Have you ever tried to catch a cab on a Thursday?
8. You know how to explore the entire city for under AED50.
First you take the metro and then the bus and then you walk for a bit or vice versa.
9. You pity the fools who sit in traffic from the Deira Creek to the Spice Souk.
The abra is AED1 – amateurs.
10. You time your journey based on your playlist.
Rihanna's on... must be about 10 minutes away.
11. You know that the quickest way to bypass the traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road is by taking the Dubai Metro
12. You have your own private yacht...
OK it's not really a yacht, but hop onto the Dubai Water Taxi and we'll travel the world...well, Dubai Marina at least.
13. You always have a spare pair of shoes, plasters and deodrant in your bag...
They'll never know it took you two hours, three buses and a metro ride to get here.
14. You've never used The Palm's monorail either.
You kind of forgot about it too.