7 things that only make sense to people living in Dubai
1. Ordering an Uber to get to distances less than 2km away…
Yes, it's okay to order a car from Dubai International Marine Club to Barasti. It may only be a four minute walk but it’s pretty hot now and, let’s face it, you don't want to start sweating before you even arrive.
2. Having an extra chair at your dining table even though it’s just you eating…
It's for your handbag, duh.
3. Ordering groceries from the shop below your building.
It’s not being lazy, really, more like being time efficient. That’s five minutes you could be using for online shopping.
4. Taking up two parking spaces even though you drive a Mini Cooper…
Or just paying to valet your car because you're rubbish at parking.
5. Paying at least AED295 on Friday brunch when you have plenty of food at home.
You tell yourself it’s more about the company than the food.
6. Complaining about the heat only to spend your entire Saturday at one of Dubai’s many beach clubs.
You complain about the heat but you kind of love it.
7. Bringing a jacket to go to the cinemas…
It’s like going from Mordor (that's a really hot place for people who aren't familliar with Lord of the Rings) to Antarctica.