9 questions that everyone living in Dubai can answer
1. "How long will it take to get from Dubai Marina to DIFC on Thursday at 6pm?"
Erm... just stay at home. Oh... you're not joking? Take the metro.
2. "How do I find a parking spot at The Dubai Mall on a Friday?"
Watch out for anyone trying to nick a space you're reversing into. Use your horn.
3. "Why there aren’t any taxis at 4pm?"
Shift change. Make the mistake once and never make it again.
4. "What's the quietest mall to go to when there’s a super sale?"
Arabian Center or Ibn Battuta. You should feel privileged that we're telling you our secrets.
5. "Why do I keep hearing that Dubai has no culture?"
Because 'travel journalists' visit for a short layover and spend the whole time in The Dubai Mall. *Sighs*
6. "What's fastest way to make dinner at home?"
7. "Where can I find a flashing, illuminated, mint flavoured tooth pick?"
8. "How do I get a picture of myself with the Burj Khalifa?!"
Take a friend, get them to crouch down on the floor and angle their iPhone upwards. You'll look like you have 4 chins, but you'll get the shot.
9. "What's the best brunch in Dubai?"
Are you a vegetarian? Do you have kids? Are you looking for gold flakes on your food? Do you want inflatable props? Fancy bumping into a celebrity? Details, people. Details.