11 arguments everyone who lives in Dubai has had...
1. The “we are NOT ordering from Deliveroo again tonight” argument.
“But I’m soooooo hungry!” Repeat this argument once a week with your roommate/spouse.
2. The “lost the car in Dubai Mall car park” argument.
Get ready to hear things like, “I told you to take a picture of the location! You NEVER listen to me.”
3. The “I told you to go via Al Khail Road” argument.
You can insert any road in this argument really. Usually happens when the driver takes Sheikh Zayed Road at 5pm against better judgement.
4. The “do we have to do a boat party when its 40 degrees outside?” argument.
Usually happens when it’s someone’s birthday and they’re set on hiring a boat at 12pm in the height of summer.
5. The “everyone knew that brunch started at 1pm” argument.
The package only lasts 3 hours, yet everyone is half an hour late. Again.
6. The “we are not going to Platinum Suites when a regular ticket is literally half price” argument.
“But what about the lazy boy?!”
7. The “when to get a taxi to the airport?” argument.
Someone always wants to leave 5 hours before check-in opens.
8. The “shall we just split the bill between all of us?” argument.
In your head you’re thinking, “Mate! I had a margarita pizza and a glass of water, and you’re using MY Entertainer.” But instead you say, “Yeah, sure.”
9. The “I don’t care if it’s an upcoming area, I don’t want a 3-hour commute to work” argument.
Repeat argument once a year with your roommate/spouse.
10. The “touch that air-con one more time and I’ll report you to HR” argument.
“I’m sorry but anything below 22 degrees Celsius is an abuse of my human rights.”
11. The “no, I don’t have smaller note than AED100” argument.
Repeat every time you forget to go to the shop for change before getting in a taxi.