A new station has been added to The Palm's Monorail
Getting around The Palm Jumeirah just got a whole lot easier.
Nakheel has just added a new metro station, Al Ittihad Park, to The Palm’s existing Monorail route.
The stop, which is located at the heart of Al Ittihad Park, will grant thousands of tourists access to the Palm Jumeirah’s central park. It also located just minutes away from the Golden Mile Galleria, making a prime stop for retail lovers.
The introduction of the new station comes after the Palm Monorail that opened in 2009 reached a passenger mark of one million.
Speaking on the news, Nakheel chairman Ali Rashid Lootah said: “The Palm Monorail is one of Palm Jumeirah’s biggest success stories. The opening of Al Ittihad Park Station is a massive boost for the island’s investors, residents, visitors and retailers, and further cements our commitment to providing new services and attractions at this world-famous community.
“More people than ever can now enjoy the growing number of facilities on Palm Jumeirah – without using a car to reach them.”
There are lots of new things that we can look forward to on The Palm, including Nakheel Mall and The Pointe – a destination that once complete will offer relaxed entertainment and dining. Both projects will have their own stop on the Monorail.
If you’re new to Dubai, here’s what you should know about the Palm Monorail.
- It currently has three stops; Gateway, Atlantis Aquaventure and now Al Ittihad Park Station.
- The train runs every 11 minutes from 9am till 10.30pm daily.
- Single trip tickets are priced at AED15 while return tickets cost AED25. As the station does not fall under the jurisdiction of the Dubai Metro, tickets need to be purchased at the Monorail.
- Tickets can only be used on the day of purchase.
- You can access the Monorail via the Dubai Tram. You will need to get the tram from Palm Gateway and change at the Marina for the Metro.