12 things every expat in Dubai hates to admit they love
1. When your visitors finally leave.
It’s not that you don’t love your friends and family but… y’know. Peace and quiet.
2. When someone cancels Friday brunch at the last minute.
Let the Game of Thrones marathon commence!
3. People being late.
It gives you an excuse to be a bit less precise with your time-keeping.
4. Not being able to find a parking space in the mall.
“Ooooh dear… I’ll have to valet park again.”
5. Some brunches having a different price for men and woman…
… obviously only if you’re a woman.
6. Starting work on a Sunday instead of a Monday…
… you feel like you’ve banked an extra day on some of your friends from around the world.
7. The cinema being really cold.
It gives you a chance to wear that awesome winter jumper you bought in the sale.
8. Paying rent in lump sums.
Okay, it’s not great at the time, but it gives you a false sense of being rich right before the next cheque is due.
9. Shops in the mall not opening before 10am.
… because it means you never have to make an excuse about why you can’t “pop to the shops” early at the weekend.
It’s a great reason to take a taxi somewhere that would have been a 10-minute walk.
11. Rain in January.
You may have to cancel your beach day but you’ll get mad likes on your #dubairain Instagram picture.
12. Not having enough time to go to the supermarket after work.
Sitting on your sofa waiting for your delivery of two baked potatoes, an onion and Dairy Milk never felt so good.