14 things you don’t realise you’ll miss about the Dubai summer
1. Having an excuse to stay in and watch Netflix for the whole weekend.
You’re going to miss turning down plans because it’s “too hot outside” just so that you can binge-watch Narcos.
2. At least 50 percent of your office being on holiday at any one time.
You might actually have to get some work done.
3. Being able to stay at luxury resorts for a fraction of the usual price.
The swarms of tourists are coming back and so are the prices that come with them.
4. Being able to confidently go anywhere wearing winter clothes…
… because you know you’ll be inside with freezing A/C all the time.
5. Saving loads of time perfecting your hair and/or makeup.
You miss the days that it was so humid that you didn’t even bother.
6. Having to pay full price for stuff in the malls.
… you’ll have to deal with a sale every couple of months instead of almost every day.
7. Speaking of money… your credit card is definitely going to miss summer.
The brunches, events, parties and concerts are starting back up again, and you can’t resist the temptation.
8. There was literally no need to buy the queue jump pass at any of the theme parks.
You basically just wandered up to the front anyway.
9. You have absolutely zero excuse not to exercise anymore.
Your gym is broken? Go for a run. Don’t have a gym? Go for a run. You’re not on Guava? Go for a run.
10. There were hardly any Instagrams of people doing yoga on the beach near the Burj Al Arab.
Your timeline was grateful for it.
11. Being able to boast about how hot it is.
The novelty of being able to say, “… that’s nothing! It’s 49 degrees in Dubai,” to any of your friends who live in cooler climates has never worn off.
12. The peace and quiet of having your apartment/villa to yourself.
Your friends and family are starting to book flights to come and see you, and you’re preparing for your home to turn into a hostel.
13. Having to actually use your legs and walk to places.
You can’t use the weather as an excuse to drive.
14. Not having to be “beach body ready”…
… because you know that nobody is going to invite you to the beach.