AED1,000 fine for "sudden deviation" on Dubai roads
The UAE's Ministry of Interior has released a video clarifying what sudden deviation is.
The 23 second video, which may seem self-explanatory, is worth a watch as the action could see motorists face a cash fine of AED1,000 and four black points added to their driver's licence.
— MOIUAE (@moiuae) May 13, 2018
If you're new to the roads in Dubai, here is a list of rules that you should know about...
- Under decree No.178, drivers caught without number plates will face an AED3000 fine, 23 black points and will have their cars confiscated for 90 days
- Those caught driving noisy vehicles (cars that have had the sound of their exhaust and engine enhanced and those caught blasting music) face a fine of up to AED2000 and will have six black points added to their licence
- Drivers caught without seatbelts will be penalised with a fine of AED400 and four black points. The driver will be fined the same amount for each passenger caught without a seatbelt
- Drivers caught exceeding the maximum speed limit by 80kmph will be issued a AED3000 fine, 23 black points and will have their car confiscated for 60 days
- Drivers caught exceeding the maximum speed limit by 60kmph will be given a AED2000 fine, 12 black points and will have their car impounded for 30 days
- Drivers who exceed the speed limit by less than 60kmphr will face a fine of AED1500 and will receive six black points and have their car impounded for 15 days
- People caught driving above the speed limit by 50, 40, 30 and 20kmph will receive a cash fine of AED1000, AED700, AED600 and AED300 respectively
For the full list of fines, click here.