Eid al-Fitr 2018: Public holiday dates announced for UAE government sector
The UAE government has announced the official Eid al-Fitr holiday dates for public sector workers in the nation.
Federal government employees will be off from Thursday, June 14 until the third day of Shawwal.
This means that should Eid be announced on Friday, June 15, work will resume on Monday, June 18.
The official holiday dates for the private sector are yet to be announced.
We'll, of course, update you once the official dates are announced.
On the topic of public holidays, unless stated otherwise, the remaining public holiday dates are as follows:
- Monday, August 20* – Arafat (Haj) Day
- Tuesday, August 21* – Eid Al Adha (3 days)
- Tuesday, September 11* – Al Hijri (Islamic New Year)
- Tuesday, November 20* – Prophet Muhammad’s birthday (PBUH)
- Friday, November 30 – Commemoration Day
- Sunday, December 2 – UAE National Day
*Holiday dates are dependent on moon sightings