The first residents of Dubai Creek Harbour are set to move in soon
Remember when we told you that a hot-new district was coming to the Dubai Creek? You know the one that will feature a massive tower? Yeah, well, the latest news on the project is that the first batch of residents will be moving in early next year.
And, as you would imagine, the space that they are going to move into is rather fancy. By "fancy", we mean that they are going to call a six-tower residential development that features 872 apartments, home.
Once complete, Creek Marina will also feature the Vida Harbour Point, an upscale lifestyle hotel that will be similar to the harbour hotels found in cities like Singapore and Shanghai. Vida Harbour Point is set to open in 2019.
Creek Marina will also feature a yacht club and yachting facilities as well as landscaped pedestrian walkways, art installations, and a total of three hotels.
If you, on the off chance, are not familiar with the massive project that is the Dubai Creek Harbour (must have just moved here – welcome, we’ve been expecting you), here’s what you need to know.
- The project will be located just 15 minutes away from The Dubai Mall.
- It will feature 820,000 sqm of retail space, 7.2 million sqm of residential space, and The Tower.
- The entire Harbour along with The Tower is scheduled to be complete by 2020 – just in time for Expo 2020.
- The Tower will feature a viewing deck with rotating balconies to give guests a 360-degree view of the city. Once complete, it will also boast a VIP viewing area, which according to Emaar aims to recreate the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- According to the site's developers Emaar Properties, The Tower will be "a notch taller than the Burj Khalifa". By "notch" they mean just over 100 metres.
- Santiago Calatrava Valls is the mastermind behind The Tower's design which was inspired by the UAE's rich culture and heritage.
Fancy right? For more of a visual idea of what to expect, check out the video below.