13 signs you live in Dubai Marina
1. You have to mentally prepare to go out and hail a taxi.
It's like The Hunger Games out there.
2. You text your boss "sorry I'm running late" about three times a week.
See point #1.
3. Going to Spinney’s or Waitrose at 6pm is amateur hour.
Post-work rush? No thank you.
4. You rarely venture out of the Marina at weekends.
Because it has literally everything you need.
5. You turn your nose up at other areas.
"JLT... Is it safe?"
6. It takes about 15 minutes to go through three traffic lights…
And you’ve only done a U-turn so you’re still beside your apartment.
7. But being walking distance from Barasti makes up for it.
Don’t even act like you don’t go there.
8. You’re a huge fan of the tram…
And plan to get around to using it at some point this year.
9. When someone tells you they live in the Marina you immediately ask “which building?”
Because you’re politely judging them.
10. You love sitting on the beach at Zero Gravity and watching the skydivers land.
Go to a public beach without sun lounger service? Pah!
11. Speaking of the skydive drop zone, three cheers for the outdoor gym.
You’ve never used it but you hear it’s great.
12. While the rest of Dubai brunches, you boat party.
13. You have to make sacrifices for the prime location because your rent is so high.
Delaying having children until 2034 will be so worth it.