16 signs that you live in Dubai's Mirdif
1. You've lived here longer than 10 years...
... which probably means that you still live with your family or you have kids.
2. You do most of your socialising at Spinneys or Mirdif City Centre.
Sorry but Barasti is so far away that it might as well be in another country.
3. You’ve given up on trying to explain where it is to newbie expats in Dubai Marina.
It’s past Airport Terminal 3 for all those wondering.
4. Apartment blocks with more than three floors give you anxiety.
You live on the 14th floor? It’s cool, I don't want to go out onto your balcony.
5. The only way to get a taxi is to order one.
Sorry but we’re not walking to Uptown Mirdif or Mirdif City Centre.
6. The school run takes about 10 minutes.
Because it's almost impossible to live more than 10 minutes away from a school. We're serious, there’s British, American and even Government.
7. ... But thanks to all the schools, driving to the Rashidiya Metro Station takes about 45 minutes.
Even, though it’s just 14.5km away.
8. You love it when it stops raining.
Nothing like riding your bicycle on the sand dunes.
9. You get really excited when there’s a concert at the Dubai Autism Rocks Arena.
Because nobody likes spending all their concert money on the cab to the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre.
10. You and your colleagues get home at the exact same time.
Even though you went straight home and they went for dinner and a movie…
11. You have more furniture than all your friends who don’t live in Mirdif put together.
You have regular trips to IDEA and Dragon Mart to thank for that.
12. You manage your time by the number of planes that have passed.
Uhhh, thats' the third Boeing 777 to pass, food’s been in the oven for 15 minutes then.
13. You watch most of your YouTube videos at work or at your friends place.
Your WiFi connection at home means that you have to wait about three minutes for a 30 second video to buffer.
14. You get really offended when families move to Jumeriah Beach Road or The Greens.
We thought you were one of us?
15. When you say you’re going to the beach, you actually mean it.
Sorry Caroline, but Al Mamzar beach doesn’t have a pool, DJ or shisha. It's a proper beach with sand and sea.
16. You never worry about running into your co-workers on weekends.
Emirates Terminal 3 is the closest that they’ll get and Mirdif City Centre is the furthest that you’ll go.