15 signs that you’ve adapted to life in Dubai
1. You can lose your temper in not one but three languages…
“Jaldee habibi move it!”
2. You’re always ready for a party.
The ladies in your office all have a ball gown, evening dress and at least three pairs of heels under their desks.
3. You get slightly anxious when there’s no traffic…
No, seriously, what have we missed?
4. You greeted your friends back in your home country with three cheek kisses and they just stared…
So much for being excited to see me.
5. You’re no longer claustrophobic.
A few trips to Dubai Mall on a Friday and a couple trips on the Dubai Metro during rush hour was all it took.
6. When someone says “Friday” all you can think of is brunch...
And you're not even sorry.
7. You’ve got friends from all corners of the globe.
One of the many wonders of living in one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
8. The list of things you can’t leave your house without has doubled…
“I’m gonna be walking for at least five minutes so I’ll need some concealer, deodorant, a hair brush, perfume and tissues. I also have dinner plans right after work… so I’ll need some make-up, a change of clothes and maybe even a different pair of shoes.” And, after packing all of that, you forgot your phone charger and wallet.
9. You find comfort in the sound of construction.
You're literally watching the city grow before your eyes…
10. Your auto mechanic skills have greatly declined... unless you're a auto mechanic of course.
“Hi there, I’m trying to change my tyre but can’t seem to find the spare?”
11. Your daily mood is heavily dependent on the weather and your Wi-Fi connection.
“It’s humid outside and you’re telling me that Starbucks’ Wi-Fi is down… I’ll just go back to bed then.”
12. You've just spent AED250 on being groomed and it's not even for any event in particular.
That's okay though because your social calendar is always full.
13. You rarely go to the grocery store below your building but order from it all the time.
“Hi David, one bottle of water please. Yes, yes, it’s apartment 217 again.”
14. You’re not even phased by the sight of a Ferrari anymore.
It’s all about flying cars now my friend.
15. Driving aside, you’ve become extremely patient.
Better pack in some food, magazines and maybe even a blanket for my trip to Etisalat/du/ Dewa.