Sharjah, the third largest emirate in the UAE, is known for its rich cultural heritage, beautiful beaches, and stunning desert landscapes. The emirate is home to some of the best desert safaris in the region, offering visitors a chance to explore the Arabian desert like never before. From thrilling dune bashing to camel riding and star gazing, Sharjah has something for everyone.
In this article, we will explore the best desert safaris in Sharjah and provide you with all the information you need to plan your next adventure in the UAE.
List of best desert safari In Sharjah with details
The desert landscape of Sharjah offers a unique and unforgettable experience for adventure seekers. From dune bashing to camel riding, desert safaris in Sharjah are an excellent way to explore the vast, arid landscapes of the region.
Here is the complete list of the best desert safaris in Sharjah to book. You should choose any desert safari in the given options, according to your need and budget.
- Red dune safari with BBQ dinner and entertainment
- Sunrise desert safari
- Ultra-luxury desert safari
- Premium red dunes desert safari
If you planned to tour Sharjah for a desert safari, here are the best packages for you, with time, costs, etc.
1. Red dune safari with BBQ dinner and entertainment
If you want to enjoy the classic experience of safari, then red dune safari is the best package for you to book. Here, you can enjoy the pocket-friendly safari full of entertainment and BBQ dinner.
With the red dune safari package, you can experience the classic desert safari with entertainment activities ad BBQ dinner. Go dune bashing with this package and enjoys the camel ride. This campsite activity includes shisha smoking and a Henna painting. Moreover, you can enjoy the tanoura dance, belly dancing, and fire show with a barbeque dinner at night. You can also enjoy the adventurous experience of quad biking by choosing the premium ticket option of desert safari.
Inclusions of red dune safari
- Drop off and pick off in AC shared vehicle
- A short camel ride
- Henna painting
- Fire and tanoura show
- Belly dance
- Welcome refreshments
- 12-25 minutes of dune bashing in a 4*4 vehicle
- Shisha in a designated corner
Timings- 7 Hours
Cost- AED 131.25
2. Sunrise desert safari
If you are a budget traveler or sunrise lover, then the sunrise desert safari is the best package for you in Sharjah. You can see the early run rise here. You can spend your memorable sunrise in the Middle Eastern desert with this early morning sunrise desert safari. You can get the pick-off and drop-off in a hassle-free manner from your accommodation.
You can also enjoy the delicious desert picnic breakfast on the dune and look at the morning landscape transformation during sunrise. This package allows you to experience the desert in a different way in thrilling sandboarding sessions. Moreover, you can easily head back to the city with a phone complete with marvelous pictures from precious time.
Inclusions of sunrise desert safari
- Drop off and pick off in an air-conditioned 4*4 vehicle
- Picnic breakfast
- Dune drive
- Light refreshments
Cost- AED 160
3. Ultra-luxury desert safari
If you want to enjoy the hassle-free unlimited desert safari in Sharjah, then this ultra-luxury package is here for you. You can enjoy the lavish desert experience on a premium desert safari in Sharjah.
You can take the route through the comfortable and lavish nature safari to see the desert wildlife with the expert conservative guide. Here, you can also visit the remote desert lake and ghaf tree forest to get chances to capture the unique birds and your admirable pictures.
Before visiting this desert safari, it is suggested to wear the traditional headscarf, watch the falconry performance, and enjoys camel riding. 6-course meals are also available in this package to enjoy. Moreover, you can also get benefits from relaxed transfers in vehicles that guarantee the hassle-free transportation
Inclusions of Ultra Luxury desert safari
- 60-minute nature safari in a premium vehicle
- Drop off and pick off in shared AC vehicle
- Acrobatic performance
- Conservation guide in the form of a professional driver
- Fire show
- 6-course dinner
- Visit the remote lake at a bird sanctuary
- Camel rides
Cost- AED 460
4. Premium red dunes desert safari
Embark on the red dune safari, with drop off and pick off. You can enjoy the many desert activities here, like sandboarding and dune bashing. You can also visit the AI Khayma camp for a tasty dinner with this package. Here you enjoy an unlimited supply of drinks, sweets, coffees, and dates. It also allows you to indulge in unlimited experiences of desert activities, like shisha smoking, camel riding, henna painting, and donning Arabian costumes.
Inclusions of premium red dune desert safari
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Camel feeding
- Short camel ride
- Pick and drop off in AC shared vehicle
- 30-45 minutes of dune bashing in the AC vehicle
- Unlimited soft drinks
- Sunset photoshop
- Henna painting
- Falcon experience
- Quad biking
- Gahwa, gay mat, and dates
- Tanoura, fire, and belly dance
- BBQ dinner
- Shisha pipe
Timings- 7 Hours
Cost- AED 60
Best Time to Visit Deserts in Sharjah
The best time to visit the desert safari in Sharjah is from mid of October to mid of April. This time is the cooler months of this region when the day temperature ranges between 21 to 25 degree Celsius.
There are still hot during noon, and cooler surroundings during the evenings, which makes Sharjah a more bearable place to experience the desert safari. From November months to January months, the desert safari weather is quite chilly at night, near about 7 to 10 degree Celsius. If you make a plan to visit Sharjah, ensure to make schedule it at the above timings to make your memorable experience.
Overnight Sharjah Desert Safari
If you want to sleep under the star or enjoys the BBQ dinner and other delicious food, then an overnight Sharjah desert safari is best for you.
The first activity of your overnight desert safari in Sharjah will be a tour of the mleiha archaeological center. Visiting this center will provide you with a good idea of ancient settlers that occupied the area through the different sights and periods that captivate your attention.
It is the best knowledgeable tour guide for you that tells you about all artifacts displayed in the centre. Next, you can also start the thrilling dune drive, where your vehicle descends or ascends the sandy hills. You can stop to view a breathtaking desert sunset before returning to the sunset lounge to spend precious time with your travel partners.
You can also enjoy the open, yummy BBQ dinner here to boost the energy for top-notch activities. After your overnight desert safari in Sharjah is over, you should wake up in the morning to view the desert sunrise and return back to mleiha centre for a delicious breakfast.
Inclusions of overnight desert safari in Sharjah
- Sunset views
- Stargazing with professional guidance
- Short mountain trekking period
- Entry into mleiha archaeological centre
- Sleeping tents and bags for overnight stay
- Expert guidance through safari
- Breakfast at mleiha centre
- Sunset lounge provides you with BBQ dinner
Itinerary of overnight desert safari in Sharjah
- Arrive at location
It is suggested to first arrive at the mleiha archaeological centre at a specific time. You meet up with your guide at the entrance of this centre. You can also transfer to the centre, by ensuring booking at additional costs. Once you book the transfer, the chauffeur will come to pick you up from your location and drop you at your location on time.
- During the overnight desert safari
The overnight desert safari starts with a guided tour of the mleiha archaeological centre. It will be followed by a drive through the desert on 4*4 on a dune riding spot.
After the 30-minute session of dune driving, you have to stop to view the sunset experience. You can then proceed to the sunset lounge and chill there with drinks and your friends.
You can also enjoy the delicious BBQ dinner here in airy settings and navigate to the stargazing experience with a telescope. It is also suggested to experience the midnight trekking to your site and retire for the night in sleeping bags and prepared tents. Wake in the early morning to view the sunrise and have breakfast at the mleiha archaeological centre.
- Return from location
When your overnight desert safari is over, you have to make your way back to the hotel. If you book a transfer with this package, then your chauffeur will drop you off at your location.
Activities you enjoy during the overnight desert safari
If you already book your overnight desert safari tour in Sharjah, you may know about the best activities you should do. Desert safari in Sharjah has the most affordable and enriching things that you will never miss.
There are many things and activities in which you take part to get the most out of the overnight desert safari experience in Sharjah.
- There are many entertainment and cultural activities present like a music show, Arabic dance, BBQ dinners, etc. that you should do.
- Activities like sunset, stargazing, and sunrise tours make your overnight desert safari the best.
- From dune bashing to quad biking, and sandboarding, every adventure is the same. You should spend your time in these activities and experience the sunset in the desert.
Dinner in desert
Dinner in the desert is considered a treat for gastronomes. Gastronomes are someone who likes to eat and prepare food, especially unique and expensive food.
No doubt, the desert safari in Sharjah is popular because of the quad biking, camel ride, sandboarding, falconry, etc., but it is splendid with the Arabic buffet dinner and BBQ dinner. From the range of fresh salads to Arabic sweets, you can enjoy everything during your desert safari tour in Sharjah. The availability of BBQ dinners, Arabic salads, fresh sweets, etc. is all that makes your tour to desert safari best for foodies.
Things to consider before visiting desert safari in Sharjah
It is important for visitors to stay prepared if they are planning to visit a desert safari. Before you plan a tour to desert safari sharjah, ensure to pack some essentials with you to stay protected from heat. Here are some things you should consider first before a visit to a desert safari in Sharjah
- Keep a few sunscreens on you
- Wear sunglasses and a hat under the sun
- Stay hydrated as much as possible because there is less water availability in desert areas.
- You should wear light clothes if you plan to do a desert safari summer months.
- Avoid bringing electronic items with you, like a laptop. A selfie stick or camera is all you require.
- Also, you have to ensure that your clothing is adjustable and breathable for heat in the day during the day or when the temperature falls at night.
- Wear comfortable footwear, like sandals or flip-flops, during the morning desert safari in Sharjah.
Safety Tips to Follow While Visiting the Desert
The desert safari in Sharjah is the best to get an adventurous experience. As it is full of adventure trips, it is important to follow the safety tips.
Sharjah is one of the best destinations for adventurous desert safari. Before the visit to a desert safari in Sharjah, it is suggested to get every detail about this tour. Here are the top safety tips you should follow while visiting desert safari sharjah
- It would be best if you planned your desert safari in Sharjah in the winter months, from November to march/April. It is the best time to visit the desert and indulge in outdoor activities.
- It is suggested to wear light clothes with subtle colors to avoid any discomfort experienced during a desert safari tour.
- It would be best if you carried your water bottles because there are fewer water sources available near the desert.
- Do not forget to carry a camera because the sunset and sunrise on the desert safari is the most picturesque thing to capture. In this way, you can make the trip to desert safari sharjah memorable.
- It is not suggested to pregnant women or kids to go on safari experiences in Sharjah.
- You have to carry the flag at the top of your car. It makes it easy for someone to find you when you are stuck in a sand dune.
- You have to carry mobile phones and power banks all time with you, so you can easily call at emergency services number when required.
- Check that your car is in service before beginning your desert safari tour.
- Ensure to check the tire pressure and fluid levels before beginning your desert journey.
Sharjah is one of the most beautiful emirates situated in the United arab emirates. It is popular for its literature and cultural hub, stunning beaches, and Islamic architecture.
Visitors can also enjoy the different activities, like sunbathing, swimming, exploring historical sites, and shopping, with the many museums. It is the best home to some of the most stunning deserts in the country. Desert Safari offers the best opportunity to explore Sharjah city. In the day desert safari, you can experience the sun’s heat and shifting sand dunes. You can also enjoy the clear skies and cool air under the stars at night.
Sharjah desert safari is the best way to learn more about local history and culture. So if you are planning to visit Sharjah, then you can choose any from our list of the best desert safaris in Sharjah. You can visit the traditional camps, watch camel races, try Arabic food, and have falconry displays. Whether you want to plan a relaxation or adventure tour, visiting a desert safari in Sharjah is the best to get an unforgettable experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you are on the safari tour, you can enjoy a range of activities during the desert safari, including BBQ dinner, camel rides, sand boarding, and dune bashing.
The duration for morning desert safari in Sharjah begins in the morning from 6 am and lasts till 12 pm noon. The complete duration for a morning desert safari in Sharjah is 6 hours, including pick-off and drop-off.
Yes, you can surely enjoy the overnight desert safari in Sharjah to witness sunset and sunrise and experience the beauty of the desert. The overnight safari in Sharjah comes with camp stays and a BBQ dinner.
Yes, the morning breakfast and barbequed dinner are provided under the overnight desert safari ticket.
Yes, the desert safari in Sharjah is worth it. There are many activities you can do during the desert safari in Sharjah that make your tour worthwhile.