The Deira Waterfront Market in Dubai is a must-visit destination for locals and tourists alike. This iconic market is a hub of activity, offering a wide range of products, from fresh seafood and spices to traditional clothing and souvenirs.
Dubai, also known as the Venice of the Gulf, is the United Arab Emirates (UAE) main port and commercial center. It is well-known for its wealth, high prices, and status as one of the world’s most popular luxury tourist destinations. Furthermore, it is well-known for its souks, Dubai Creek, some traditions and history, camel riding, oil fields, gold, and other attractions. It is home to several of the best and most beautiful places to visit once in a lifetime.
This market is an amalgam of the city’s multiculturalism and the traditional Emirati souq. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Deira Waterfront Market Dubai- Timings, Location, Contact, and More. We’ll explore what makes it so special, what to expect when you visit, and everything you need to know to plan your trip.
Brief Overview of Deira Waterfront Market
The decades-old Deira Fish Market was replaced in 2017 by the Deira Waterfront Market, which brought a brand-new set of facilities designed to cut waste and increase productivity. Since the catch can be loaded directly onto a market truck, absolute freshness is guaranteed. There is a lot of seafood here that is hard to find in other parts of the city.
Ithra Dubai, a well-known real estate developer, and asset manager, and the investment arm of the Dubai government’s Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) are the owners and founders of Deira Waterfront Market. The recently established Deira Waterfront Market sells a wide variety of goods, including clothes and accessories, groceries, fruits and vegetables, spices, seafood, poultry, and other foods.
This new market provides a cleaner and more comfortable shopping environment than its predecessor. It was specifically designed with odor control and air conditioning to keep the space cool and comfortable. One of the largest food markets in the Middle East, it has a footprint of more than 100,000 square meters.
By ensuring that people from across the city and the rest of the country can access fresh seafood and other produce at relatively lower prices, the market has not only helped to advance the UAE fishing industry.
Deira Waterfront Market Location
The famous Deira Waterfront Market of Dubai is located at the corniche of the old Dubai neighborhood of Deira. It is situated near the Al Hamriya Port (Mina Al Hamriya), right in the heart of Dubai, UAE.
Address:- Deira Enrichment Project – Al Khaleej St – Deira – Dubai – United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Email:- [email protected]
Contact Details:- T: 800 Market (627538)
L: +971 4 707 1599
Metro Station: Salah Al Din Metro Station
Bus Station: Abu Hail and Bin Eid Al Shabi Restaurant 1 and 2
Underground Parking: Waterfront Outdoor and Underground Parking
How to go to Deira Waterfront Market Dubai?
One can reach the Deira Waterfront Market conveniently via various modes of transportation such as by metro, bus, or own private vehicle/taxi.
- By Metro: There is no metro station within the walking distance from the Deira Waterfront Market. But you can opt for this mode of transportation as there are some nearest metro stations such as Salah Al-Din, Abu Baker Al Siddique, Gold Souq, Abu Hail, Baniyas Square Metro Station, etc. which are on the Green Metro Line and just 1.5 miles away from the market. From the stations, you can opt for a feeder bus or taxi to reach the market directly.
- By Bus: The closest bus station to the Deira Waterfront Market is Abu Hail and Bin Eid Al Shabi Restaurant 1 and 2. Regular buses operate from different areas to the market, with a short walking distance from the bus station to the market. Bus route no 17 and C17 i.e., from Sabkha Bus Station to Muhaisnah and the circular route from Deira city center bus station respectively have a stop at Deira Waterfront Market.
- By Own Vehicle or Taxi: Deira Waterfront Market is just a 15-minute drive away from the famous Gold Souk and Spice Souk. The market also provides free parking space for visitors to park their cars and explore the place without any problem. For the taxi, the main entrance gate of the market is open to drop off their customers.
The easiest way to reach the Deira Waterfront Market is by bus as the bus station is only a few minute’s walking distances. And, we all know having own car or traveling through the vehicle is the most convenient to reach as well as to carry the products purchased from the market. It is advised to avoid visiting this market via the metro because after reaching the nearest metro, one has to opt for a taxi or bus to reach the main market.
Deira Waterfront Market Dubai Timings
One of the best times to visit the Deira Waterfront Market of Dubai, UAE is during the early morning hours i.e., from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. to take the advantage of fewer crowds and get the freshest products of the day.
In addition, when you visit early morning, you can explore the whole place at your convenience.
If you want the freshest products in the market, then visit the market early morning but the prices will be a bit high. While is you want cheaper products, go to the market late evening when they just want to clear their stock at a comparatively lower price.
It is advised to not visit on Sundays, especially between 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. in terms of days of the week. On the other hand, the Deira Waterfront Market has the least crowd on Mondays between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as everybody is busy with their work during these hours.
The Deira Waterfront Market is further categorized into 5 sections with different opening and closing hours. The timings of each section are mentioned below:
- Fish and Seafood / Meat & Poultry / Fruit and Vegetable: The first section of the Deira Waterfront Market is available 24 hours a day for all days a week. But, for the deep cleaning purpose, it remains closed for a few hours. The schedule for the deep cleaning is as follows:
- Saturday to Thursday: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Iftar Break: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- LuLu Hypermarket: The second section is open from 8 a.m. to 12 midnight.
3. Dry Goods and Spices Section: It is accessible between 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
4. Retailers: This section has slight time variations for the weekends and weekdays. The timings of this section of the Deira Waterfront Market are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Cafes & Restaurants: On weekdays, the cafes and restaurants are available from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. On the other hand, on the weekends, they remain open till 1 a.m.
What to Expect at Deira Waterfront Market?
Deira Waterfront Market is a stop-destinations for the local residents and tourists as it has almost everything with magnificent varieties from seafood to clothing or restaurants. Everything you require can be found in this market. This is most popularly known for its fresh seafood including kingfish, lobsters, pomfret, and others.
You can get your bags filled with the freshest catch at wholesale prices. Not only seafood, but you can also find fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, dry goods, spices, etc.
Additionally, if you feel hungry during shopping, there are a lot of cafes and restaurants to relax and indulge in delicious food and drinks. Furthermore, there are premium varieties of dates available in the local stores, ranging from common eating dates to more exotic honey dates and other dry fruits. You can also shop for clothing essentials or other accessories from retailers or the LuLu Hypermarket.
The whole of the Deira Waterfront Market is fully air-conditioned with well-equipped state-of-the-art technology to assist the shoppers with easy shopping. This market serves around 8,00,000 visitors every single month as they provide every necessity under one roof which is a unique feature of the Deira Waterfront Market.
The Deira Waterfront Market is a thriving cultural center as well as a popular shopping location; there is constantly something fascinating going on there.
Entry Fee For Deira Waterfront Market
There is no entry fee for visiting the famous Deira Waterfront Market of Dubai, UAE.
Additionally, when you visit the Deira Waterfront Market in your own vehicle then you will be provided a waterfront parking spot free of cost for parking your car without any issues. They have more than 1000 parking spots available for visitors.
Tips for Visiting Deira Waterfront Market
- Make sure your clothing is appropriate for Dubai’s culture and is of decent quality.
- Take care of your personal belongings as the place remains crowded mostly.
- To avoid crowds, always arrive in the early morning hours.
- Keep your behavior respectful as per the tradition of Dubai.
- Since it can become oppressively hot as the day goes on, it is advised that you carry ample drinking water with you when exploring the Deira Waterfront Market.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the market.
- You are being monitored at every point so don’t try to steal or misbehave in the market.
- The market does not allow rollerblading, skateboarding, pets, or any other dangerous activity.
One of the busiest and biggest fish markets in Dubai as well as the UAE is Deira Waterfront Market. Fresh dates, a variety of seafood, meats, fruits, vegetables, spices, and high-quality fish are also available for purchase.
.Along with these things, you can also find eateries and retail stores. All tourists and locals can easily travel to the market using a variety of routes and transportation options.
Have you been to Dubai’s Waterfront Fish Market yet? If not, you ought to try it on your subsequent trip to Dubai. Must try to purchase fresh seafood, cook it at your place, and enjoy the delicious recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the best-in-class facilities and services that are available in the Deira Waterfront Market of Dubai include ATM machines, Hypermarket, WiFi services to all, a Pharmacy, Prayer rooms, free parking spots, a shopping directory, typing centers, a money exchange, a lost and found center, travel agency, kids play area, announcement rooms, well-maintained restrooms, and others.
Being a one-stop shopping destination with all the facilities available under one roof with the best services and facilities makes the Deira Waterfront Market a popular marketplace in Dubai as well as the UAE.
The first and last bus timings to Deira Waterfront Market in Dubai are 3:15 a.m. to 2:15 a.m. respectively. Whereas, the first and last metro timings to Deira Waterfront Market are 5:42 a.m. to 11:58 p.m. respectively.
The 1950s-era Deira Fish Market was renovated to become the Deira Waterfront Market. The newly updated location is bigger, cleaner, and air-conditioned, and it offers a variety of fresh seafood that can be purchased at deep discounts. Meats, fruits, and vegetables are also available for purchase at the market.
Yes, a free Waterfront Parking facility is provided to all the visitors in the Deira Waterfront Market for unlimited hours of exploring the market. This market has more than 1000 underground and outdoor parking spaces available.