Dubai is a city which is quite famous for its luxurious cars. Most people in Dubai own a private vehicle due to the low price at which they are available for purchase. Even though Dubai encourages their citizen to own a vehicle, they also ensure all of the traffic rules are fixed while on the road.
The safety of pedestrians and people driving their vehicles is of utmost importance to them. That is why the traffic fines charged to the offenders are usually relatively high compared to any other city or country worldwide. Considering if you are also one of those people looking to pay their traffic fines as quickly as possible.
Here in this article, we have provided a detailed study and elaborated on all the steps required to be followed to pay the traffic fines online in Dubai.
A brief about Driving rules and traffic fines in Dubai
Firstly, let us look at the black point system in Dubai, which is used to keep track of the offenses committed by each people while driving on the road.
The black point system is a unique process introduced by the Dubai police to keep track of the number of traffic violations committed by motorists in the city.
Cameras and radars are installed on every corner of the roads, monitoring drivers’ movement to capture traffic violations. Each offense has a specific number of black points allotted to it, which will be added to your number by Dubai police once you are caught committing it.
The Dubai police will notify you of the number of black points added by sending a text message to your registered number. Most importantly, it would be best to remember that once you cross the 24 black points, your vehicle might be confiscated from you along with your driver’s license for at least one year.
Knowing the black point system in detail is essential for understanding the traffic fines given by Dubai police to offenders.
- If your vehicle is found speeding above the speed limit of 80km/h, you will be fined a total of AED 3000, and your license number or vehicle plate number will add 23 black points. Twenty-four black points are the limit above which your vehicle might be confiscated, and the chances of your driving license canceling could be high. But even at 23 black points, your belonging might be taken from you for at least 60 days or 2 months.
- If the speed limit is 60km/h and you are seen going above it, you could get fined an amount of AED 3000 and 12 black points against your name. To make things worse your vehicle could also be taken from you for at least 30 days.
There are also a few traffic fines where black points are canceled out, and only a specific amount is charged.
- If you are found driving below the speed limit of 50km/h, you will be charged AED 1000 and no black points.
- Next up, if you are caught driving above the speed limit of 40km/h, you will be charged AED 700.
2. Rash and reckless driving
The rash and reckless driving cases could allot 23 black points by your name. However, there are some things which will be checked before doing so by the Dubai police like: –
- Putting the life of other people in danger due to reckless driving could get you a fine that will be decided by the court later and a vehicle confiscated for a minimum period of 2 months.
- Gravely injuring a pedestrian by your vehicle could lead to a fine of AED 3000, 23 black points, and impounding of the vehicle for a minimum of 90 days at the least.
- Carry on driving a vehicle without its number plate land you a fine of AED 3000.
- Drink and driving could get you jailed in Dubai if the court decides to punish you through it. You will also be charged a huge penalty of AED 20000 and impounding the vehicle for at least 60 days.
- Not stopping at a red signal could land 12 black points, a fine of AED 1000, and impounding of the vehicle for 30 days.
- Suppose your vehicle is blocking the traffic on a busy road. Then your automobile will be confiscated directly, with a fine of AED 1000 and 6 black points.
3. Wrong parking
When your vehicle is found to be illegally parked here, the fines you will need to pay later.
- Suppose your vehicle is found to be parked in front of a fire hydrant which might cause a lot of difficulty for the firefighters if they are required to use it. Then you would be fined AED 1000 and 6 black points.
- Even after knowing that the parking lot is reserved for people with determination, if your vehicle is found to be parked there, a penalty of AED 1000 and 6 black points will be charged.
- While driving, if you stop midway on a busy road that could result in another vehicle accident, a fine of AED 1000 and 6 black points will be given out.
- If you stop the vehicle deliberately or mistakenly on the pedestrian crossing, a fine of AED 500 will be given.
- Not parking the vehicle properly could lead to a fine of AED 500.
- Driving your vehicle onto the pavements and parking could result in a fine of AED 400.
- Not stopping the car while maintaining a safe distance for the other vehicles to move behind you could result in a fine of AED 500.
- Suddenly stopping your vehicle in a yellow box could result in a fine of AED 500.
Violation of traffic rules will affect road safety; hence heavy fines are introduced for the safety of people by the Dubai police.
How to pay traffic fines online in Dubai?
Now, let us take a deeper look at how you can pay the traffic fines via the Dubai police website or RTA’s website, according to your preference.
Step-by-step guide via the Dubai Police website
Suppose you choose to pay the traffic fines via the Dubai police website. Then, here are all the steps you need to follow to do it correctly.
Once you open the Dubai police website, navigate to the service tab on the home page and click on the traffic fine payment option displayed. After doing so, click on the service button available. Now, follow all the steps below for a better understanding.
- Step 1
For your first step, you need to provide the driver’s license number, plate number, and other information required for the next step. This other information might include your plate category and the emirate in which the vehicle was bought and registered.
- Step 2
The next step requires you to review all the fines committed by you properly before proceeding with the payment option. Once you are done reviewing, you can click on the pay now option, which will take you to the next page.
- Step 3
Here on this page, you must check and confirm the registered mobile number and email address required for receiving the activation mode on mobile. After getting the activation code, type it in the blank column and move on to the next page.
- Step 4
Now, for step 4, you need to verify the amount being paid for the fine, then select the mode of payment from the available options.
- Step 5
Take some time and enter the correct details of your credit or debit card, which is the only way you can pay your traffic fines using the Dubai police website. It is the only e-payment option available on this website.
Step-by-step guide via RTA’s website
Suppose you want to pay your traffic fines through the road and transport authority website in Dubai. First of all, you need to visit the services tab present on the home page of the RTA’s website. Once you do that, you will come across a category option and choose the driver and car owner services.
For the next step, you must filter the payment option and determine the pay vehicle fines category. From there, choose the apply now option, and you will be redirected to the traffic fines payment portal on RTA’s website. After completing all these, you need to follow some simple steps, which will be mentioned below in detail: –
- Step 1
Starting, you need to enter the valid plate number of your vehicle, license number, fine number, and traffic code number. You should also provide some additional details as requested by the website, including the emirate your vehicle is registered and the category of your vehicle number plate. Once you input all the information, click on the search option in front of you.
- Step 2
In step 2, the process will be more apparent to you as the list of fines will be displayed to you for the registered vehicle number. From there, you can choose to pay any of the fines as your preference or clear them all together in one lump sum payment.
- Step 3
Coming into step 3, you must enter the birth details and traffic file number for confirmation. You can find the traffic file number mentioned in your license card if you need help locating it.
- Step 4
Lastly, in step 4, pick a payment option that you find the most suitable. However, the card option is only available for you where entering the correct card details of either debit or credit card could complete your payment successfully.
Remember you need to take a screenshot of the payment confirmation so that later on, you can provide the details of your payment if any inquiry is made.
Is it safe to pay traffic fines online in Dubai?
Yes, paying the traffic fines online in Dubai is entirely safe. Moreover, the government there is urging people to do so instead of visiting the police station physically to pay the charges. Motorists can even pay their traffic fines via installments if they opt for this payment method.
Is there any discount on the traffic fines in Dubai?
Have you committed many traffic violations in Dubai in the last couple of months? Then you would be glad to know that Dubai police have chosen to offer up to 35% perfect discount on its traffic fines if they are paid early. Moreover, you are also eligible to pay the required money using installments broken down throughout the year. But, to avail of such a huge discount, you need to hold a credit or debit card from the following banks mentioned below: –
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
Some important points need to be followed to avail the discount on the traffic fines conveniently: –
- If you decide to pay the traffic fines within 60 days, then the maximum discount of 35% can be availed to you.
- While on the other hand, if the traffic fines are paid after 60 days, then only a 25% discount will be offered to you.
- The paid parking zones over the national day weekend would be free for people to use
- Suppose you have a lot of traffic fines stacked up for payment; then you can clear it using the installment option provided by Dubai police. In this case, you wouldn’t pay a lump sum; instead, it would be a more convenient option.
What if you don’t pay the traffic fines in Dubai?
Are you considering not paying or clearing your traffic fines before leaving Dubai? Then the consequences which you have to face could be terrifying at large. When you are trying to leave Dubai, if you are caught at the airport, the traffic fines have been cleared correctly, then you might be prevented from leaving the premises of Dubai airport or any part of UAE.
You might wonder why the authorities know that traffic fines are still due by your side.
Then, you would be amazed to know that during the issue of passports, all your traffic fines data are combined with it. Hence, whenever you try to leave the airport, you will be stopped at a checkpoint on the road or seaport, and the authorities will confiscate your belongings. That is why evading the traffic fines is not an option you will need to pay the whole amount using the nearest ATM or smart devices available.
Are there any other ways to pay traffic fines in Dubai?
There are many ways motorists can pay their traffic fines in Dubai if they are not willing to pay it using the RTA’s website or the Dubai police website. Mpay, wall street exchange, smart police stations, Dubai police smart apps, IVR, and kiosks are other ways to clear traffic fines in Dubai. Lastly, you can even visit the Dubai police stations physically to clear the fines.
Can u pay traffic fines in installments?
Yes, there is a way through which you can pay the traffic fines in installments. If you have violated any law under the traffic police of Dubai, you will be allowed to clear up all the outstanding amounts in fines using the interest-free installment offered by them. You can pick 3, 6, or 12 months depending on your preference. However, to be eligible to pay and access this feature, you must use a credit card issued by the following banks.
- Emirates national bank
- Abu Dhabi commercial bank
- First Abu Dhabi bank
- Emirates Islamic bank
- Bank commercial international.
- Standard chartered bank
- Commercial bank of Dubai
- Dubai Islamic bank
Did you need help figuring out how to pay the traffic fines online in Dubai? Then, reading this article has cleared all your doubts regarding it. Remember to pay and clear all your traffic fines, so you don’t have to face any danger later.