Ramadan is the holy month of the Muslim Religion and it is observed worldwide. During Ramadan, all Muslims fast for the whole day from dawn to sunset and offer prayers.
On the occasion of Ramadan, the timings of malls in Dubai are changed to accommodate the Ramdan’s religious observances. In this article, we will discuss the opening hours of most famous Malls in Dubai and all things you should consider while visiting the malls during the month of Ramadan.
Mall Opening Times during Ramadan 2023 in Dubai
Here is the complete updated list of malls in Dubai with new opening times.
- Dubai Mall
- The Mall of Emirates
- Ibn Battuta Mall
- Dubai Festival City Mall
- City Centre Mirdif
- Dubai Hills Mall
- Dubai Marina Mall
1. Dubai Mall Ramadan 2023 Opening Hours
Cafes and Restaurants timing: Daily 10 AM to 2 AM.
Shops to be open: Monday to Thu 10 AM-midnight, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 10 AM to 1 AM.
Location: Downtown Dubai
2. The Mall of Emirates 2023 Ramadan Opening Hours
Shops to be open: Every Day 10 AM to AM
Cafes and Restaurants to be open: 10 AM to 1 AM
Location: Al Barsha
3. Dubai Festival City Mall Ramadan Opening Hours
The Dubai Festival City Mall Shops will be open From Sunday to Wednesday, 10 AM to midnight.
Cafes and Restaurants will be open Sunday to Wednesday 10 AM to midnight, Thursday to Saturday 10 AM to 1 AM
Location: Dubai Festival City
4.Ibn Battuta Mall Ramadan Opening Timings
Cafes and Restaurants will be Open Sunday to Thursday; 10 AM to 10 PM, and Friday to Saturday 10 AM to Midnight.
Shops are expected to open: Sunday to Thursday 10 AM to 10 PM, and Friday to Saturday 10 AM to Midnight.
Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd, Jebel Ali
5. City Centre Mirdif Ramadan 2023 Timings
The City Centre Mirdif Shops will be open every day From Monday to Sunday; 10 AM to 1 AM
Cafes and Restaurants will be open Daily; 10 AM – 2 AM.
6. Dubai Hills Mall Ramadan Opening Hours
The shop will be open Daily 10 AM to midnight
Restaurants and Cafes will be open Daily 10 AM – 1 AM.
Location: Dubai Hills Estate
7. Dubai Marina Mall Ramadan 2023 Opening Hours
Shops are open Sunday– Thursday 10 AM to 10 PM, and Friday and Saturday 10 AM to 11 PM.
Restaurants and cafes will be open from Sunday -Thursday; 10 AM to 10 Pm, and Friday to Saturday 10 Am to 11 PM ( inside the mall).
Location: Dubai Marina
Shopping and Dining in Dubai during Ramadan
Ramadan is the month of not only fasting but also celebration. During this month several restaurants and malls in Dubai offer special promotions and discounts. Visitors can taste a wide range of cuisines from all over the world in the mall’s restaurants and food courts.
Also, shop for something traditional. A few of the malls also organize some Ramadan-themed events like live cooking demonstrations, cultural exhibits, music performances, and much more.
Overall the shopping and dining experiences during Ramadan in Dubai vibe at a completely a different level, especially during the time of Iftar. Various restaurants and hotels offer wholesome and lavish iftar buffets with live cooking stations, international dishes, and traditional Arabic cuisine. The shopping destinations are usually crowded.
Almost all the shops are decorated with decorations, and colorful lights, creating a festive vibe. The city has completely a different atmosphere during his time that offers an opportunity to experience the rich cultural traditions of Middle east.
Things to be considered while visiting Malls During Ramadan in Dubai
Here are some important things one should consider while visiting the malls during the month of Ramadan in Dubai.
- One should be aware of changes in the opening hours. Few of the restaurants and shops might be closed during the daytime and open only at night. It is advisable to check websites.
- Always dress modestly, and do not wear anything revealing. This is quite important to respect the religious customs of those who are fasting.
- Do not eat or drink anything during the day in public. As a visitor, you should be mindful of the ones who are fasting.
- Always pay respect to Ramadan customs: visitors need to be respectful of the traditions and customs of Ramadan. One should avoid excessive noise and loud music during prayer time.
- Always be patient while shopping in the malls as malls can be busy during Ramadan and you might need to wait for long in queues.
- Always take advantage of Ramadan discounts and promotions. Various shopping brands and restaurants offer promotions and discounts during Ramadan.
In Summary, the new opening hours of shops and restaurants in the malls of Dubai have been mentioned above. Visitors can have great dining and enjoy shopping during the month of Ramadan, as malls organize special events and offer special discounts and promotions.
However, at the same time, it is always important to respect those who are fasting and take a closer look at the changes in the opening and closing hours of shops and restaurants.
Frequently Asked Questions
It would be really disrespectful toward the people who are fasting. During this period one should not drink or eat in public.
Yes, most of the restaurants and shops would be open but the opening and closing hours would vary. For example, you will find a few shops open at night time and a few sat the day time. For more information about timings, you can check the website of a specific mall.
Various malls organize Ramadan Themed events like live cooking demonstrations, cultural exhibits, and traditional music performances.
No, each year the timings could be different, it is always recommended to check the website for updated information or the mall’s management team.
No Visitors should be respectful of the religious customs of the people who are fasting and avoid wearing revealing clothes.