Dubai will be hosting the inaugural edition of the IPO (Initial Public Offering) Summit in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, starting today 23rd January 2023 until 25th January 2023.
The event will be held in the Museum of the Future in Dubai.
The MENA IPO Summit is an event that is organized by the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) and the Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and is focused on providing insights into the promising IPOs in Dubai.
About MENA IPO Summit
Speaking at the official launch leading to the event on Sunday, Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid AL Maktoum, Deputy Ruler and Deputy Prime Minister of Dubai, Chairman of the Higher Committee for the Development of Financial Markets and Exchanges in Dubai, and Minister of Finance; said that Dubai’s financial market has been showing immense growth and has gone through a phase of transformation under the vision, guidance, and leadership of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai.
Sheikh Maktoum added that “Dubai was responsible for 40 percent of all IPO activity that happened in the MENA region, with a valuation of AED673 billion. Powering the market and IPO activity in Dubai are the ambitious and future-proof goals set under the D33 Dubai Economic Agenda. Focusing on its future goals and targets set, Dubai will continue its role in accelerating economic growth in the region and also maintain its position as the leading international financial destination”.
In recent years, there has been a notable growth in IPO issuance in the MENA region. The growth has been accelerated by the decision of regional governments to diversify their economies to allow public and private involvement in the form of investments, as well as develop and maintain regulatory frameworks to maintain competitiveness in the market.
The MENA IPO Summit series aims at sharing expertise in the fields of market study and evaluation, networking, etc. with people interested in taking part in IPOs in the MENA region, thus offering interested individuals and businesses a chance to be a part of the growing IPO opportunities in the respective capital market.
The summit will also have sessions where industry experts will share their firsthand experience and knowledge of how the IPO process works for both businesses and investors, and also talk about the challenges and opportunities that businesses have while choosing to go public.
MENA IPO Summit Notable Events
Below are some notable events that will be happening on 23rd January 2023 and 24th January 2023 as part of the summit.
Notable Events of MENA IPO Summit on 23 Jan 2023
- 08:40 AM to 09:00 AM – Fire Side Chat with His Excellency Helal Saeed Almarri, Director General of the Dubai Department of Economy and Tourism (DET).
- 09:00 AM to 09:40 AM – Panel Discussion on the topic “The IPO Launch Pad – The Dubai Capital Market Landscape and the Outlook for IPOs in Dubai”. The panelists will include Mohammad Al Bastaki, CEO of Emirates NBD Capital; Saeed Al Awar, Head of Middle East, Managing Director at Rothschild & Co; Shaikha Almarri, Head of Government and Corporates at HSBC Dubai; Ali Khalpey, Managing Director, Head of Equity Capital Markets Syndicate at EFG Hermes.
- 09:40 AM to 10:20 AM – Panel Discussion on “Issuers Roundtable: Leading the Growth of Dubai’s Capital Market”. The panelists include Ibrahim Al Haddad, CEO of Salik Company P.J.S.C; Thomas Varghese, CFO of DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority); Alan Williamson, CEO of Taaleem; and Abdulla Belhoul, CEO of Tecom Group.
- 11:00 AM to 11:40 AM – Panel Discussion on “Global Investors – Delivering Sustainable Long-Term Growth Outcomes”. The panelists include Jassim AlSane, Co-Head of Investment Banking MENA at Goldman Sachs Dubai; Salah Shamma, Head of Investment, MENA at Franklin Templeton Emerging Markets Equity; Danel Lewis, Managing Directors and HEAD of EMEA Capital Markets Distribution Institutional Equities Division at Morgan Stanley; and Dr. Mohamad Hamade, CEO at Amanat Holdings.
- 14:40 to 15:20 (02:40 PM – 03:20 PM) – Panel Discussion on “Success of MENA – How MENA took lead in Global IPO Position”. The panelists will include Andree Chakhtoura, Head of Investment Banking at MENA Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Miguel Azevedo, Managing Director/Chairman at Investment Banking Emerging Markets (EMEA), Citi; Eyad Abdulrahim, Group CFO at Power International Holding; Patrick Delivanis, Managing Director, Head of Investment Banking MENA at Morgan Stanley.
Notable Events of MENA IPO Summit on 24 Jan 2023
- 08:40 AM to 09:00 AM – Fire Side Chat with Hamed Ali, CEO of Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and Nasdaq Dubai.
- 09:00 AM to 09:10 AM – Keynote address by His Excellency Mohamed Khalifa Al Hadari, Deputy CEO of Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
- 09:10 AM to 09:40 AM – SPOTLIGHT Panel Discussion on “The Valuation Upside of ESG Integration – An Essential Tool for Economic Growth”. The panelists include Luma Saqqaf, CEO of Ajyal Sustainability Consulting; Marie Freier, Global Co-Head of Sustainable & Impact Investment Banking at Barclays; and Diako Makhmalbaf, Director of ESG Solutions Group at HSBC.
- 09:40 AM to 10:20 AM – Panel Discussion on “ASSET Management – Wearing the Investor’s Hat – Maximising the Value of an Investment Portfolio”. The panelists include George Triplow, Senior Vice President, Head of Client Development, Global Family and Private Investment Office MENA, at Northern Trust Global Services SE; Steve Corrin, Senior Executive Officer at Emirates NBD Asset Management LTD; Faisal Hasan, CIO & Head of Asset Management at Al Mal Capital UAE; and Barry Leipsic, Portfolio Manager at Citadel.
- 11:30 AM to 11:50 AM – “An Analyst’s View on Market Opportunity and the Key to Research” by Ziad Itani, Executive Director, Equity Research at Arqaam Capital.
An OG 90's Middle East-born Indian guy with a love for everything "Gulf". My love for culture, food, and opportunities in the UAE makes me want to share the latest news and events in the UAE to keep my fellow UAE residents in the loop of what's happening around us in the country.