Taking a moment off of work or away from daily life routine is indeed a rewarding adventure. Taking time off means various things to different people. For some, it could be visiting prestigious galleries, bumbling over the local language, and attempting exotic fresh foods. Others like a rustic adventure, like a camping trip on the cliffs, distant from the digital world. Still, others might appreciate the sceneries and sounds of a bustling city.
While all of those are incredible choices, we bet you can imagine what our favorite variety of vacations is. A beach vacation or a beach getaway. The odds are good that if you are going over this blog, you will make the exact choice. If you are still skeptical about where to take time off to or visit to take time out, consider the beach.
The beach is naturally filled with magnificence; from the laughter of people enjoying themselves to the crashing waves against the sand, these scenes provide you with a sense of satisfaction, solace, and pleasure. It’s important to note that taking a holiday and relaxing at the beach can help reduce your anxiety levels.
A brief about Rak Beach
Rak beach is a beach located in Ras Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. This beach possesses blemish colors, a refreshing sea smell, white sand, and gorgeous views for your site’s pleasure.
Rak beach is surrounded by top-notch resorts so you might as well book a staycation. It is also home to endangered animals like dolphins, turtles, and ducks. Rak beach gives an opportunity for water sports enthusiasts to test their limits by offering activities such as;
- Jet skiing
- Speed boating
- Kite surfing
- Boating and so much more
Rak beach is a scenic spot with quite a few instagrammable views and owns amazing facilities such as;
- Fitness center
- Restaurants and Cafe
- Kids Club
- Swimming pool
Where is Rak Beach Located?
Rak Beach is located on St.11 on Marjan island in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. It is one of the most popular beaches in the UAE and gets thousands of visitors every day.
How to reach rak beach?
Ras Al Khaimah in which Rak beach is located is about 90 kilometers from the Dubai International Airport (DXB), which is barely 1 hour away. Rak Shuttle service is a suitable choice for getting to Rak from Dubai. This shuttle service was commissioned a little over two years ago by the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority. These shuttles to Rak operate from Dubai International Airport Terminals 1 (DXB T1) and 3 (DXB T3).
The total journey time is about one hour. Another characteristic of their services is that you get unrestricted WIFI on the bus to make your trip more delightful. The price of a one-way ticket is AED 20.
The shuttle service schedule on a daily basis includes;
- For Dubai International Airport terminal 1(DXB T1), the service scheduled available includes; 06:00 am, 08:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, and 01:00 pm.
- For Dubai International Airport terminal 3(DXB T3), the scheduled time includes; 06:15 am, 08:15 am, 10:15 am, 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, and 1:15 pm.
The shuttle service provides drop-offs directly at Resorts close to Rak Beach.
If driving a private car to Rak Beach looks tiring to you, you can hire a taxi or can from Dubai. Depending on your location in Dubai, booking a taxi for Rask beach will cost you anything between AED 230 – AED 280. The most comfortable way to book your taxi is to do it via online cab services like Uber and Careem.
Is there any entry fee into Rak beach?
There is no entry fee to get into Rak Beach. Exploring activities would only amount to a little or no additional fees depending on which activity you want to check out.
Best time to visit Rak beach?
November to April is the most suitable time to visit Rak Beach. This is because the temperature during these months is comfortably warm and normally hovers between a temperature of 20-28 degrees celsius. Also, in December, it gets only about 10 and a half hours of sunlight. The summer months are all about charging warmth and humidity with the temperature scale going up to 40-45 degrees Celsius. In June, the days are lengthy, with around 14 hours of sunlight each day. Nevertheless, strictly avoid visiting Rak Beach during Ramadan as most of the resorts and facilities are closed.
Things to consider before you go to Rak Beach
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before visiting Rak Beach:
Ras Al Khaimah in which Rak Beach is located is considered the most liberal Emirate in the United Arab Emirates. This implies that they aren’t strict with the dress code to be followed by tourists. Nevertheless, modest dressing is still expected, as is the tradition of covering the knees and shoulders when passing into a public spot.
As a Muslim nation, the most important consideration for tourists is mostly the dress code. While there are no authorized rules and restrictions for visitors’ clothing, they are expected to dress in a subtle and moral way to respect local residents and their culture. So while picking your outfits for your vacation to Rak beach, ensure you select modest clothes to suit the ethical preference of the inhabitants of Ras Al Khaimah.
The Holy Month of Ramadan
While making plans to visit Rak beach for your vacation and holidays, it is important to take into consideration the holy month of Ramadan. This is because the observance of Ramadan is very strict in terms of the eating and availability of food and drink for tourists, travelers, and guests between sunrise and sunset. Eating, drinking, and smoking in public in the United Arab Emirates is strictly restricted to the hours between sunset and sunrise.
Things to explore in Rak Beach
Here are a few things you should definitely explore in Rak Beach:
- Picnic: If you desire to pivot your beach vacation into a family experience where everyone can take part, then planning a picnic is necessary. Being less crowded, Rak Beach is perfect to spend quality moments with the people you adore the most. We would propose bringing food, water, and juice to put the picnic mode on as restaurants are not easy to see near the beach. You can also choose to bring a barbecue grill to cook whizzing hot food personally.
- Camping: Rak Beach is the ideal destination to satisfy your appetite for adventure. Camping at Rak beach is something that everyone will care to include in their list. Daytime temperatures are definitely too hot to erect the tent but as the evening plunges, Rak beach showcases a nice sea breeze. Carry all your camping equipment and food supplies to spend the evening under the cool sky.
- Watersports: When you are at Rak beach, you are about to take a dive deep into the exciting world of watersports. The variety you get here is incredible and remarkable including snorkeling, kayaking, parasailing, jet ski, paddle boarding, and more
Nearby attractions of Rak beach
Rak Beach is itself a blissful getaway from the metropolis but for those who’ll explore more, you can create room for the subsequent nearby attractions;
- Jebel Jais: Located 66 km from Rak Beach, this is a small mountain with a description of 1900 meters above sea level.
- Ras Al Khaimah National Museum: Nestled in a fort, this is the best place to understand the exhilarating history of this region
- Ghost town of Al Jazirat Al Hamra: The ghost Town of Al Jazirat is certainly the most fascinating sightseer attraction in Ras Al Khaimah. Forsaken by people around the 1960s, this place is the dilapidated leftover of a flourishing pearling town from the past.
Nearby hotels in Rak beach
The whole span of Rak beach is spattered with a string of hotels ranging from luxurious to pocket-friendly. Traveling from the hotel to the shore takes merely a few minutes by car.
Here are nearby hotels in Rak beach;
- The Ritz Carlton Ras Al Khaimah
- Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah
- Bin Majid Beach Resort
- Jannah Resort and Villas
- Rixos Bab Al Bahr
- Hilton Al Hamra Beach and Golf Resort
If you’re searching for some original and peaceful scenery on a beach a little quieter than the usual busy Dubai beaches, then look no further as Rak Beach is the best beach that would suit that luxury demand of yours.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry fees to enter Rak Beach. However, to access activities like snorkeling and jet skiing, you will have to pay a token.
Yes, it is allowed. But there is a probability that it might change in the future.
Yes, there are quite a few we can recommend; Bin Majid Beach Resort, Jannah Resort and Villas, Rixos Bab Al Bahr, Hilton Al Hamra Beach, and Golf Resort.
You can hop on a shuttle service from Terminal 1 or 3 at the Dubai International Airport en route to Ras Al Khaimah.
It is located at Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates.