Mohammed bin Zayed was born on March 11, 1961, in Al Ain, which was then a part of the United Arab Emirates. He is the third child of Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founding president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu Dhabi, and Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak Al Ketbi.
Growing up, Mohammed was surrounded by siblings, including his five younger full brothers, Hamdan, Hazza, Tahnoun, Mansour, and Abdullah, who were collectively known as the Bani Fatima or “sons of Fatima.” In addition to his brothers, Mohammed also has several sisters.
As a child, Mohammed received part of his education overseas, and his upbringing occurred during a crucial time in UAE’s history when the country was emerging as an independent nation.
About The UAE President Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed
Mohammed’s path led him to earn a degree from the prestigious Royal Military College Sandhurst in 1979. He went on to have a remarkable career in the Emirati air force, establishing himself as a trusted ally of the American military during the Persian Gulf War.
He played a crucial role as a liaison for security coordination between his country and the United States.
In 2005, Mohammed was promoted to lieutenant general and became the deputy supreme commander of the Military Forces of the United Arab Emirates. With his exceptional leadership skills and unwavering commitment to his country, he has earned the respect and admiration of his fellow Emiratis and the global community.
|Full Name||Mohammed Bin Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan|
|Date Of Birth||March 11 -1961|
|Father||Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan|
|Mother||Fatima Bint Mubarak Al Ketbi|
|Hobbies||Poetry, Haunting, Falconry|
How many kids does Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed have?
Her Highness Sheikha Salama Bint Hamdan Al Nahyan is the spouse of Sheikh Mohamed. They have eleven children together, including Salha and Amina, two adopted daughters.
His Four sons are Sheikh Khaled, Sheikh Theyab, Sheikh Hamdan, and Sheikh Zayed.
His Seven daughters are Sheikha Shamsa, Sheikha Mariam, Fatima, Sheikha Shamma, Sheikha Hassa, Amina (adopted), and Salha (adopted).
Facts about UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed
- Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa bin Shakhbout bin Theyab bin Issa bin Nahyan bin Falah bin Yas is his complete name.
- Given that “bin” means “son of” in Arabic, the full name traces the ancestry of the UAE President.
- Sheikh Mohamed was raised in Morocco briefly after being born in Al Ain.
- Sheikh Mohamed gained much information even before he began formal schooling since he spent much time in Sheikh Zayed’s majlis and with tribal elders.
- Up until the age of 18, he was enrolled in schools in Al Ain and Abu Dhabi. Also, he attended the Royal Academy in Rabat.
- He is the third child born to HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the UAE’s founding President.
- The President trained in armor, helicopter, and tactical flying at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, from which he graduated in 1979.
- 1980 saw the marriage of Sheikh Mohamed and Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan. They have four sons and five daughters, totaling nine children. In addition, they have 16 grandkids altogether, and two adopted daughters.
- Sheikh Mohamed enjoys poetry, falconry, and hunting.
- As of March 2023, the President’s official Twitter account has 4.8 million followers, and his Instagram account has 3.1 million followers.
- The New York Times named Sheikh Mohamed as one of the most influential people on the planet and the most well-known Arab leader in 2019.
- According to the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, he will be the ninth most powerful Muslim in the world in 2023.
- He is also referred to as “MBZ” among the public.
Mohamed bin Zayed al Nahyan’s wife
The wife of Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the new crown prince of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan is highly renowned for her charitable work.
Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan discovered the Salama bint, Hamdan. Salama bint Hamdan is a part of the Nahyan family, which rules Abu Dhabi.
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, her Father, served as deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates. Maryam bint Abdullah bin Sulayem Al Falasi, who passed away on February 9, 2023, was his mother.
She is the founder and President of Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan Foundation, an Abu Dhabi-based charitable organization bearing her name.
She oversees the Abu Dhabi Art Host Committee as its chair. She was given the Middle East Excellence Awards Institute’s Woman Personality of the Year Award in 2011 and the Sharjah Volunteer Work Award in 2012.
Mohamed bin Zayed al Nahyan’s net worth
The Abu Dhabi Executive Council’s chairman is Sheikh Mohamed (MBZ). The council is in charge of planning and developing the Abu Dhabi Emirate. He also serves as the CEO of Mubadala Investment Company. The Abu Dhabi wealth fund. He is the yacht of Rabdan’s owner.
It’s challenging to estimate the Crown Prince’s wealth. Yet, the entire Al Nahyan family is estimated to be worth more than $150 billion. According to some accounts, MBZ and his Father are worth $30 billion.
MBZ currently dwells in a sizable royal palace in Abu Dhabi, near Al Bateen Palace, the late Ruler of Abu Dhabi’s presidential residence. Whether the newly appointed President moves into the palace anytime soon remains to be seen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sheikh Khalifa passed away on May 13, 2022, and Mohammed took over as ruler of Abu Dhabi. The following day, he was elected President of the United Arab Emirates. According to the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Institute, Mohammed will be the eighth most powerful Muslim in the world in 2023.
Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, sheik. Due to his part in establishing the United Arab Emirates, known as the Father of the Nation.
The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the United Arab Emirates is Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan.
Fatima bint Mubarak Al Ketbi is referred to as the Mother of the UAE and as the Mother of sheikhs.
He will be 62 years old in 2023.