If those regular tourist spots don’t excite you anymore, then it’s time to explore Ain Dubai. Located in the heart of Dubai, the most happening city in the Middle East, Ain Dubai houses the world’s biggest and tallest Ferris wheel, adding to its appeal as a must-visit tourist destination.
A novel experience that will leave you spellbound, it is a place that you will cherish forever. Apart from that, be it family occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries or corporate events such as small team meetings to large conferences, Ai Dubai serves as an excellent venue to organize all those special programs, close to your heart.
🔹A Brief About Ain Dubai – World’s Tallest Ferris Wheel
Located at Bluewaters Island, near the Dubai Marina in Dubai, Ain Dubai was originally named the Dubai Eye or Dubai-I. A spectacular attraction here is the world’s tallest and largest observation wheel. At a height of 250 m (820 ft), the Ferris wheel surpassed the previous record of the 167.6 m (550 ft) tall High Roller situated in Las Vegas.
Prior to the launch of Ain Dubai, High Roller was holding the record for the world’s largest observation wheel. At 82.4 m (270 ft) taller than the High Roller, Ain Dubai thus zoomed to the top breaking all the records.
Announced way back in 2013, the authorities were planning to complete the Ain Dubai project somewhere between early to mid-2019. Due to unexpected delays, the opening of the venue to the public was pushed to 20 October 2020, to coincide with Expo 2020.
However, the outbreak of Covid-19 in 2020 scuttled all the plans and finally, Ain Dubai was opened to the public, a year later on 21st October 2021. Having said that, since March 2022, the site has been closed to perform periodic enhancements. As per the current plan, the authorities plan to open Ain Dubai to the public from the first quarter of 2023 onwards.
🔹The Interesting Facts About Ain Dubai
Let’s quickly find out some interesting, lesser-known facts about Ain Dubai.
- At a height of 250 meters, Ain Dubai is about double the height of the London Eye, the tallest cantilevered observation wheel in Europe. To be exact, it is 115 meters taller than the London Eye.
- The Ferris wheel offers a spectacular view to its visitors covering the amazing Burj Al Arab, Dubai’s iconic hotel, and the stunning Palm Jumeirah, a group of artificial islands.
- There are 48 luxury cabins at Ain Dubai, each with a capacity to carry up to 40 visitors.
- Now the most exciting part, a single rotation of the observation wheel takes 38 minutes.
- Ain Dubai comprises a massive 2,400 kilometers of cables.
- It offers a 360-degree view of Dubai.
- It is located at a distance of 20 Km from Burj Khalifa.
- After starting its construction in May 2015, it took 77 months to complete Ain Dubai.
- It has a total capacity to accommodate 1900 people.
- As per the Ain Dubai website, since its opening in October 2021, hundreds of thousands of people have visited Ain Dubai.
🔹Things To Expect In Ain Dubai
Standing tall at 250m, Ain Dubai or Dubai Ferris wheel is the ideal destination if you want to get a bird’s eye view of the glittering skyline of the astonishing Dubai city. When you are here, you can explore several beautiful spots such as Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Palm Islands, and the entire stretch of Dubai Marina.
Before getting into the capsule, you will be taken through a 4D cinema portraying the rich legacy of Dubai city and its progress in various areas. With a total of 48 capsules, the Ferris wheel has the capacity to accommodate 1900 visitors.
To start with, these cabins are the last word for luxury with parquet flooring, exquisite sofas, tables, and more.
Constructed using glass, the size of each capsule is 30 square meters and 40 people can easily be accommodated in each of these capsules. It takes around 45 minutes to complete a ride/round. All the capsules are built with the feature of smart climate control and LED screens that provide information about the amazing views outside.
Another major attraction is the VIP capsules with private fine dining. These VIP capsules can accommodate up to 12 people. There are 6 bars with licensed bars as well, making it the perfect sundowner in the city.
🔹Where Is Ain Dubai Located?
Ain Dubai is located at Bluewaters Island, near the Dubai Marina. It is an artificial island located at a distance of 400 meters (1,300 ft) from the Jumeirah Beach Residence coastline. To explain, Bluewaters Island is a vibrant lifestyle destination with a wide range of options starting from residential to retail and hospitality to entertainment.
The highlight of the island includes two five-star hotels with direct beach access. The other major attractions at Bluewaters Island include 200 beverage and retail and food outlets housed on the island.
If you are a person who is crazy about shopping, then you would be spoiled with choices as there are a lot of retail and dining experiences to explore. In terms of accessibility also, it is pretty easy to visit Bluewaters Island as there are a lot of bridges and multi-mode transport systems to make use of.
🔹Timings Of Ain Dubai
Ain Dubai is open for visitors on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 AM to 9 PM and from Thursdays To Saturdays from 12 PM to 9 PM. It takes approximately 38 minutes to complete one round of the Ferris wheel. However, make sure that you reach the venue 30 to 60 minutes before.
This buffer time is to complete the entry formalities and to buy snacks or beverages. Also, visit the toilets before you step into Ain Dubai as there is no toilet facility available inside.
Please note that Ain Dubai is currently closed for maintenance. It is expected to restart operations in the first quarter of 2023.
🔹Ticket Rates For Ain Dubai
With multiple options to choose from, there are three categories of ticket fares available at Ain Dubai. Please note that all the below packages are inclusive of taxes.
- The first option is the observation cabins, which provide a 38-minute journey with a fantastic view of Dubai city. The normal tickets with entry to observation cabins are priced at AED 130 for adults and AED100 for children. However, at sunset time, you have to pay an increased fare of AED180 for adults and AED150 for children. To add on, if you opt for a family pass for 2 adults and 2 children, be ready to pay AED370. If it’s a family pass inclusive of food, then be ready to pay AED450.
- In the case of social cabins, VIP access as well as refreshments are part of the package. A lounge and an additional ticket in a shared cabin will cost you AED175. On the other hand, if you prefer a premium pass with a cocktail and a premium cabin, it will come to AED380. Here you have to pay AED 200 for the ambiance plus the ticket. This is inclusive of house beverages. Please note that this package is available only for adults, aged 21 years and above.
- If you prefer a unique and personal experience, there is the option to reserve an exclusive lounge with a capacity to accommodate a maximum of 10 persons. It will cost you AED 1800 and is available at sunset and at peak hours. If you prefer to have drinks as well, opt for the Celebration Ain Dubai Combination Package which will cost AED4,700. With this package, you can choose from champagne, mocktails, and other fizzy drinks.
🔹Nearby Attractions In Ain Dubai
Now let’s find out the nearby attractions at Ain Dubai.
1. Madame Tussauds Dubai
Just a 2 minutes walk from Ain Dubai, Madame Tussauds offers an amazing collection of wax figures for its visitors. Here you will find the wax statues of eminent international figures such as political leaders, movie stars, fashion icons, and celebrities in the music industry.
Take a photograph along with the statues of your favorite stars and enjoy the experience to the fullest. Madame Tussauds Dubai is open for visitors from Sunday to Thursday from 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11:00 am to 09:00 pm. Here the standard admission ticket will cost you from AED 135 onwards.
2. Qua Spa
A spa that offers a never before experience of rejuvenation, balance, and pure relaxation for its customers. At Qua Spa in Dubai, you will find all this and much more. An award-winning wellness concept from Las Vegas, they also make use of Japanese technologies and luxurious spa treatments.
As a result, you will experience a soothing mind and body. Some famous treatments include the Iyashi Dome where infrared rays are used to deeply cleanse your body and the imperial dream -a 120-minute experience that provides a massage that offers total relaxation. Located at Palace Building at Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai, Qua Spa is open for visitors daily from 8 am to 9 pm.
3. Bliss Lounge
Just 16 minutes from Ain Dubai, you will find Bliss Lounge, a perfect place where you can sip cocktails or fresh juices and relax.
The beautiful sight of the Jumeirah Beach Residence behind and the infinite sea in the front will captivate any visitor for sure. To add to the fun, there are DJs and good music making Bliss Lounge one of the most sought-after destinations in Dubai. The exact location of Bliss Lounge is at the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort on Al Mamsha Road.
4. Oblong Contemporary Gallery
If you are passionate about arts and love to explore art galleries, then Oblong Contemporary Gallery best suits your interests. The main objective of this gallery is to promote contemporary art by renowned as well as budding international artists.
Apart from encouraging a variety of artistic disciplines, Oblong Contemporary Gallery also recognizes unique talents and promotes artistic diversity and cultural importance. Located at R29 Blue Waters Boulevard in Bluewaters Island, the gallery showcases the works of several renowned artists such as Stefano Bombardieri, Gianfranco Meggiato, Igor Mitoraj, Julio Larraz, and Gustavo Velez.
5. TEPfactor Dubai
TEPfactor Dubai offers a one of its kind adventure experience where you will be spending quality time at the caves of Jumeirah Beach Residence. Here you will experience a high adrenaline rush, hours of fun moments, and ultimately memories you will cherish for a lifetime. A team activity, this spot will test your patience, fitness, logic, and skill.
TEPfactor Dubai is open for visitors from Monday to Thursday from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am. For kids aged between 8 to 11, the rates charged are 79 AED per hour per person, and for adults above 12 years of age, it is 99 AED per hour per person. Located at the JBR Walk, TEPfactor is a place worth exploring.
6. Bla Bla Dubai
If you wish to spend quality time with your loved ones at a beautiful beach club, then there is no better place than Bla Bla Dubai. Accompanied by infinity and spa pools, rejuvenating cocktails, and poolside dining, this place offers an amazing experience to its visitors. With the backdrop of the marvelous Ain Dubai, this spot provides all the amenities to its guests such as lockers, towers, changing facilities, toiletries, showers, hair dryers, and hair straighteners.
Located at Messer Street, the beach club is open every day from 10 am till sunset. The breakfast will be served on Monday to Friday from 8 am to 11.30 am and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 12 pm. Thus, spend one entire day at Bla Bla Dubai, right from the morning having breakfast, unwind yourself the rest of the day at the beach club, and finally, partying all night in the tent.
🔹Services Available At Ain Dubai
It’s not just the amazing Ferris wheel that you get to experience at Ain Dubai. Let’s quickly check out the various events that you can organize at this venue and also the other amenities offered.
- Corporate meetings – Ain Dubai is an excellent place to conduct corporate meetings. Be it small team meetings or large conferences, this venue can accommodate up to 500 guests. There are four versatile event spaces that offer panoramic views of Blue waters and the Arabian Gulf.
- Exhibitions and larger events – Be it exhibitions, weddings, or anniversary celebrations, Ain Dubai provides customized cabins and 5 versatile event spaces with a seating capacity of 8,000 guests.
- Skybar – Just imagine spending quality time with your loved ones in a premium shared cabin. Along with this, they also offer the options of beverages where you enjoy your favorite drinks at the sky bar.
- Cruise experience – Another option worth exploring is the cruise experience. At Ain Dubai, a cruise shipping experience is also on offer for its guests.
🔹How To Get To Ain Dubai (Public Transportation Details)
Let’s check out the various modes of public transportation by which you can reach Ain Dubai.
Bus – The nearest bus stop to Ain Dubai is Jumeira, Royal Meridian which is situated just 12 mins’ walking distance. The buses that run service to Bluewaters Island are 8, 84, and F55A. If you prefer to travel from the Dubai Airport DXB, first catch a bus to the Gold Souq Bus Station External. From there, you have to take a bus to Jumeirah Beach Residence 2, Seaside. From this place, Ain Dubai is situated at a distance of 1.8kms which will take hardly 20 minutes.
Metro – The nearest metro station from Ain Dubai is the Damac Metro Station. From the Dubai airport, catch a metro from Airport Terminal 3 Metro Station 2. Get down, once it reaches the Damac Metro Station. From there, Ain Dubai is just 2.5 km away. It takes approximately a 31-minute walk to reach there.
Light rail – From the city, the nearest light rail stop to Ain Dubai is the Jumeirah Beach Residence 2. While traveling from Al Sufouh, get down at Jumeirah Beach Residence 2 tram stop. From there, Bluewaters is situated at a distance of 1.6 Km. It is approximately a 20-minute walking distance.
🔹Things You Should Know while visiting (Rules and Regulations)
Please keep the below points in mind before visiting Ain Dubai.
- Toilets – Please note that once you board the cabins at Ain Dubai, there are no toilet facilities inside. Hence make sure that you visit the toilet before boarding the cabin.
- Age – Guests of all age groups are welcome here. However, if there is anyone below 16 years of age, then they should be accompanied by an adult who is above 21 years of age.
- Food and beverages – It is not permitted to carry food and beverages bought from home or purchased from outside. It is suggested to buy food and beverages from the
Ain Dubai lounge.
- Time – It is recommended to reach the venue at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to boarding the cabin. This is to complete the formalities, buy snacks or beverages and visit the toilets before you get inside.
- Dress code – There is no need to follow any dress code inside Ain Dubai. However, it is recommended to wear respectful clothing.
- Parking – There is no exclusive parking facility for visitors at Ain Dubai. However, you can make use of the ample parking facilities available at Bluewater.
🔹Contact Details Of Ain Dubai
Planning a visit to Ain Dubai? For general inquiries, please call 800 AINDXB OR 800 246 392. If you are an international guest, call them at +971 44280411. The lines are open from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm.
Alternatively, shoot an email to [email protected]
An out-of-the-world experience that will leave you with many unforgettable memories- that’s what Ain Dubai promises its visitors. At a dizzying height of 250 meters, the Ferris wheel will take you through a 360-degree view of Dubai. It also offers a spectacular view of Burj Al Arab and Palm Jumeirah as well. Also, if you are planning to organize a corporate team meeting or a conference at a venue external to your office, then there is no better destination than Ain Dubai. With several amenities to choose from such as a sky bar and cruise experience to choose from, it is the perfect getaway to unwind yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, lifts and ramps are available at Ain Dubai, thus making it easy to access for people with disabilities.
You will get food and beverages all across the venue, at concessions at the cafe, and inside the Seaview lounge. There is also the option to order platters and a wide range of beverages that you can consume inside the cabin.
Yes, visitors are permitted to carry small handheld bags and small rucksacks on board. However, stay away from carrying large items such as suitcases, large travel rucksacks, large boxes, etc. as they are restricted due to safety reasons.
No. There is no valet parking facility available at Ain Dubai. However, there are several locations near Bluewaters that offer valet parking facilities.
Please note that visitors are strictly restricted from carrying sharp pointed weapons or objects that can cause injury, to pets, and animals excluding guide dogs and hearing dogs, smoke bombs, fireworks, flammable liquids illegal substances, etc. Also note that activities such as the throwing of any items that are capable of causing injury, filming for commercial purposes with no prior approval, and creating unnecessary noise are also strictly prohibited.